We had a great time at the family picnic and the reunion at the Country Club later that evening. Whereupon we did manage to stay the allotted time, but failed to make it to the "after" party at a local bar in town. Back in college I didn't mind the smell of cigarette smoke in my hair that lasted for weeks following a night out......yet another sign I'm getting old. I can't tolerate the scene without a hazmat suit now-a-days, or at the very least a surgical mask and a tank of pure oxygen to puff on while I'm listening to the best of the 80's from the cover band.
Always good to document the moments of life....even the ones that remind you the nursing home isn't that far off in our future. But let me just say, while I may have aged, that stud in the photo with me looks very youthful....even for all those years he endured the smoke scenes and was able to stay out after midnight.....for weeks at a time. :)
I'm going to try my hand at resting up the next couple of years in anticipation of my 20th High School reunion....just don't ask me to stay up too late. Not that I'm saying I'm a Disney princess by any stretch of the imagination, however, the whole Cinderella turning into a pumpkin might not be such a fairytale afterall. And you know, growing up as a teen, my mama always, ALWAYS, said, "nothing good happens after midnight".
Apparently she was the fairy godmother to Cinderella as well. Who knew?
6 comments:
You are not old and I wish I had half of your energy. How funny you mentioned your mom's quote about nothing good happening after midnight because you said that same thing to my oldest a couple weekends ago as I was laying down the law when he was getting ready to go to his friend's house.
Oh my lands....Nola....are you saying I'm growing up to be just like my mother??? :)
I do distinctly remember mentioning that to him....I DID SOUND LIKE JOAN!!!
You both look very youthful! Great job on the pic kiddo.
oh how precious you both look! You are only as old as you act my dear!! You have a very youthful spirit that I admire very much!! Glad you had a good time!
We do turn into our mother's, which in both of our cases, NOT a bad thing in the least.
You look fab. I bet all of T5's friends thought that he had brought a MUCH younger woman!
Love,
LLL
Lana I did have a few ask if that was my second wife......
Post a Comment