Monday, October 26, 2009

From Taylor Swift to Olympic hopeful, in only a matter of hours.


TB had a gym meet on Friday. She did well, especially considering she had been all hyped up in her kickin' cowgirl boots at her concert only just the night before.....what a versatile little all American gal.


Anyway, she did great on some events, and not so great on others. For instance, the vault, which is never her strong suit, gave her problems yet again. She took off running and decided at. just. the. last. second.....that she wasn't ready. Which is fine, you can run off to the side and not be penalized, and then try again. She, however, ran full force, and then eeeekkkkeeeddd to a blunt stop right at the edge of the apparatus. As long as you don't touch the apparatus, you're still fine, just step to the side. She did not. That blazing speed she has, (ha), had caused such momentum that her toes couldn't dig in the runway hard enough and although she tried to hold it, she fell forward and touched. the. apparatus. UGH.

However, let it be known, she posed, smiled at the judges, and then trekked right back down the runway to give it another go for her 2nd run. Which she did well.


On a better note, she scored another high score, for her anyway. A 9.250 on beam. Lovely routine, if I do say so myself. And she scored a 9.050 on bars. Placing 3rd overall on bars!! Way to go!

We left in a flash from the meet in order to get back in time for the Friday night football game. Which we lost. Our team has been doing so well this year, coming into Friday at 8-0, already securing a spot in the playoffs. This was a big game, too. Like huge. Region Championship riding on it, huge. I'm not gonna lie, it hurts to lose. But, there's still more games to play, so we look ahead, not behind.

I promise before long I'll show you some of my better shots from the Friday night games.....of the "real" players instead of just my boy....who warms the sidelines. :)


My brother and his family came over on Saturday night to watch some football. We love our Auburn Tigers, but basically we watched LSU use us as a practice/scrimmage match. Ugh. Again, it hurts to lose. The good news, I made some good brunswick stew, cornbread muffins, and yummy dessert as well. All was not a loss.

At any rate, it's been another full weekend. A common theme around our hill. Weeks, weekends, packed with.....life. I love it. Fall, I'd just like to say, thanks....your weather and festivities are some of my absolute favorites!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job TB!!!

hicksfamilycircus said...

great job to miss TB!! I know you are just beaming mama! No gymnastics pun intended ;)