Thursday, October 01, 2009

Random things I've learned, just today....

And they will be in list form, because, well, that's all I can muster....my brain has been on overload for many, many hours....and you are getting a list. Like it or not.

I do ask that you allow me to remind you of a few items of interest first, so as to bring a little more clarity to the list. A little. Mostly it's random. Like my life.

Today was Parent/Teacher conference day. This is homecoming week in Small Town, USA. The great grandparents (ages 83 and 81) have been with us all week, and are being real troopers through these events.

1. Tissue Paper and Chicken Wire. It drives me insane. But oh, how I love the floats in a parade.

2. If you offer Broken Leg Boy a reward of 7 animal crackers, he can talk with a British accent ALL day. But you must also include in that bet, every classmate will earn 5 animal crackers, if he succeeds.

3. The elderly are apt to get confused, very often. And need things repeated, very often. But do not confuse yourself into thinking that just because you are repetitive they will ever become unconfused.

4. My heart ached at the thoughts of this "first-ever" homecoming for my 7th grader. I didn't bore you with a whole post about it, because who reads that anyway? So, I just moped alone.

5. Baby girl enjoys math, and scored a 99 on her report card in that subject. Where does she get that from??? Must be her namesake Aunt, because Me + Math = zero.

6. Eldest son is a smart boy, but does not always "apply" himself. Really? You don't say??? :)

7. Bonfires are cool....when you're a teen, but at my age, it's just a fire hazard.

8. When you reach age 80 or over, there's a law apparently that says you can say whatever you want, whenever, in front of whomever.....manners cease. (Sorry if you were in car line ahead of us this week!) :)

9. October has snuck up on me. Who let the calendar get away from me like that???

10. Toddlers are often easier to keep control of than old folks. They may be faster on their feet, but you can at least put them in time-out.

11. I may not survive to write another post on the cool stage of my children. I find myself daily asking God why he thought teenagers were a good idea.

12. Wacky Wednesday should come around a few days a week, why limit it to once a year?


13. I have never been more tired after a week of events like this in my entire life.

14. I have never cherished every precious, heart-wrenching, stress-inducing, fast paced days of a week of events in my entire life as I have now. Especially having great grandparents share in these life moments with my kids. Even the cool high school kid. Whom I may or may not wrap with chicken wire and stuff with tissue paper before the week plays out.

15. God bless you all....have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Joy said...

Havin fun with the old folks...are we ?!? LOL God Bless you...God Bless you....GOD BLESS YOU !! Try and show Mother my blog...she can not grasp the idea...just in case you get really bored. I LOVE you!!!xoxoxo Aunt Joy

ChrisJean3 said...

I used to wonder why animals sometimes eat their young...now I don't wonder at all!!! :) Love you bunches and bunches and just think, we used to be that teenager!!

The Cannons said...

Bless you child, bless you!:)

Lana said...

I personally love a list and FYI, I read your blog daily. I don't always comment because sometimes my postings turns into a self guided therapy session, but that would be another blog in itself.

I, for one think that it should be A OK to say whatever you think at almost 41 or any age. We shouldn't have to wait to say what we feel, even if the people within hearing distance don't like what we say. That's why God invented cotton :) October has started my birthday month! It is a great month! And you are a great wife, mother, daughter and friend and any other title you want to put in the sentence.

Thanks for the chicken wire idea. I had not thought of wrapping my kids in it and stuffing it with toilet paper. Can't wait to use that one!

Party on Kimbo! And hold on to your hat because it just keeps getting faster!

Btw...Does Walt hire out? And what's a minor distraction with TB wearing every color on her head that God created? I've been called a distraction before! Wacky everyday! I say go for it!

hicksfamilycircus said...

Love reading lists. And another similarity I share with you Ms. Kimberly is the Math thing. My poor girls better find a good tutor in the future!!

Anonymous said...

Number Three would've made me chuckle wryly last week, but this week it just has me nodding my head sagely.

Wait until the confused old person interrupts themself to repeat themself. You're going to wonder if you're starring in a non-celebrity episode of punk'd.

Keep on keepin' the faith.