
And if you have NO idea what I'm talking about, please read this POST and come join us!!
So are you ready for our first scripture?? Gosh, this has taken me a sweet forever to pick out a verse....I have tons of favorites...like an entire Bible full!!! Every time I read a verse, something in it can speak to me. And of course, at times, I am so surprised. But then quickly realize, that's just how God works.
I know that some of you may not get the same from a scripture as I do, and vice-versa. Everyone may not be in the same place in life.... different seasons will always be around: in school or the workplace, married or divorced, childless or a house full, happy or depressed, sick or healthy, financially sound or in debt to your eyeballs, going into or coming out of a storn, full of joy or bitterness......the Lord addresses it all. Please know that we will be memorizing a lot of different verses that will touch on many topics: our prayer life, our actions, our words, our relationships, etc. and when allowed, these scriptures will give us great moments of peace, clarity, truth, hope, instruction, forgiveness, grace, and love. Abundant love.
- Guess what the great thing is about memorizing scriptures? You may not need that particular verse this month....but your best friend might. Or next summer, your husband may need to hear it. Or in 10 years when your child begins college. Or when a loved one passes away. That's the precious part, HIS words are timeless.
I intend to post the new scripture on the 3rd of each month. I'm sure you can guess why. Because I absolutely LOVE what happened on the 3rd day, way back when. HE AROSE! And he's been living in the hearts of any who will invite Him ever since! I thought maybe if we tied it to some event it may be even easier to remember. So, even if you don't read our blog regularly, be sure to come back on the 3rd of the month and see what good news the Lord has to offer!!
Speaking of helping to remember things, I have included a few ideas below.
Tips for memorizing:
- Say the verse out loud, to yourself in front of a mirror, to your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend, to your children, a family member, a friend, a co-worker...whoever, just do it!
- Print the scripture on an index card. Use it as a book mark this month. Carry it in your wallet/purse/book bag to pull out during traffic. Tape it to the door you enter and leave most frequently in your home. Tape it to the inside of your bathroom cabinet/kitchen cabinet/wherever. Read the verse at least 4 times a day.
- Make a song out of the scripture....no matter how silly you sound, it can help you memorize.
So, I ask again, ARE YOU READY? Because in a couple of hours the first scripture post will arrive. If you are joining in, you don't have to sign in, comment or anything else, but I do have one little request, if you don't mind. Please email me your address. I have a little something to send you.
5 comments:
Looking forward to doing this!
I'M READY,SISTER!!:)
I'm waiting...got my index card and pen ready!!!
I LOVE the icon!
Glad you like the icon...spent a little time Saturday morning getting that fixed.
Post a Comment