Friday, October 16, 2009

"X" marks the spot.....

Do I have a big target on my back? Because I've been hit, not once, but twice this week.

First I see my name in the title of this blog post, then I click over and learn that:

  • I'm a big fat doughnut eating lover of all things krispy kreme.....or basically they said something along those lines. ( ;-) smile). Which may or may not be truth.....I plead the 5th, but my big fat rear-end speaks VOLUMES about this alleged fascination with the HOT-NOW goodness that comes in a nice neat box of a dozen, glazed, please. Which sadly, I was more upset that those "friends" of mine writing the lovely post, didn't care enough to fed-ex me a slab of that lucious dessert they feasted on at the beach! Where's the love? Spread the love! And pass the Krispy Kreme bread pudding while you're at it.

Then, another day passes, and I see my name in the title of this blog post, and click over to learn that:

  • our little family's chances of being the next Food Network Star with our "cooking camp" posts are slim to none. Or it was a post that said something like that. ( ;-) smile). Who knew? Maybe it has something to do with the whole child labor laws....if they're my kids, can't I work them in my home, as I see fit.....which may or may not include cooking me supper and lots of chocolate desserts at my beckoned call???

Did I mention that both of these blogs happen to be real live actual friends of mine, dating back to childhood....which was so many decades ago, I've even lost count. And did I mention they made me giggle out loud when I read them....and then I squealed with delight because I realized there was going to be NEW RECIPES for me to savor because of these posts.....NEW RECIPES....which may or may not up our shot at knocking off Giada, or Barefoot Contessa, or Bobby Flay (of course I'd have to learn how to use a grill first) or somebody along those lines with our House of Bowling recipe blog.

Seriously, I just wanted you to click over and see for yourself there's gonna be some tasty treats to cook up.....the recipes are just waiting for you.

It's Friday, y'all. And that can only mean one thing. I survived another week. Welcome to the weekend....I love you already, and with this slight nip in the air, I think a pot of Brunswick Stew will just hit the spot....with a little, or a lot, of Krispy Kreme bread pudding on th side.

2 comments:

ChrisJean3 said...

I sure do love you! and your Cooking Camp...I was wondering, if you will teach Whit how to cook, I will make her clean up! She'll do just about anything for some food! Also, she hates to dust, but loves to Swiffer and mop! See, I didn't do such a bad job raising her! :)

Anonymous said...

You're such a great sport! Promise to FedEx the bread pudding when the recipe is perfected. We've just gotta get the nerve up to travel in to the "not so safe" area of Memphis where Krispy Kreme is located.