I can't even begin to tell you what fantastic friends I have.....but let me just go ahead and tell you......they are fan.tas.tic.!!
Especially this little lady who called my cell phone this evening while I was cleaning my kitchen countertops and loading the dishwasher from supper, washing the bedsheets and blankets of sick boy, lysol-ing the doorknobs (again), etc.etc.etc. :
"Hey, what are you doing? Are you at home?"
"Can you step outside to the edge of your garage?"
"Nothing's wrong, I just have something for you, that's all."
"Okay, I see you..." click.
I arrive at the edge of her automobile, she's standing outside her cardoor. It's dark. Very dark because I forgot to turn on the outside lights as well. She's saying something...I'm not even sure exactly what, because my pupils have finally adjusted to their surroundings, plus I have gotten within a few inches of her, and I can clearly see what she's holding in her hands.
It's none other than a box of Kripy Kremes. Or a pot of gold in my book. Better than an Ed McMahon check. Okay, maybe that's a stretch....with Ed's check, I could probably buy my own franchise, and have doughnuts whenever. But how fun would that be??
I'd rather my friends show up on my doorstep with a hot dozen.
Random acts of kindness. That friend. She just made my night. week. month. year.
All with that one, or one dozen as it were, random act of kindness.....that also made me have to put on my elastic waist pants.
9 comments:
ENJOY!! Love you bunches and hope the little one gets better very soon!!
Sweet.....friends are friends forever and I hope a cheerleader sponser stays in their hearts forever.(I may need you in that nursing home someday) Proud of my cheerleaders!
Hope the patient is better soon.
Yum!!!!!!
That IS a good friend! :)
AWWWW, I think I'm getting a snotty nose, CJ. ha
Yum-o! Mama and I never pass up a KK when the light is on! De-lish!! What a sweet friend! Kinda like the kind that sends you your favorite hootie-hoot stationery in the mail! Love you!
i think giving the husband only one donut was sorta of stingy... I am only saying two would have been nice.
Anonymous....sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me!
And on a side note...be thankful you received the one. It was only because I was in a good mood and at the time there was plenty to go around. I can't really eat an entire dozen by myself. Although there are days, where it would be fun to try! :)
Your very post goes along with a novel I was reading earlier today ("In This Mountain" by Jan Karon).
Do you read the Mitford series at all? Father Tim, the book's main character, is struggling along in retirement. He has health problems, and is remembering a passage by Oswald Chambers:
"At times God puts us through the discipline of darkness to teach us to heed Him. Song birds are taught to sing in the dark, and we are put into the shadow of God's hand until we learn to hear him... Watch where God puts you into darkness, and when you are there keep your mouth shut. ..When you are there in the darkness, listen, and God will give you a very precious message for someone else when you get into the light."
You just can't satisfy some people, they are just needy
Post a Comment