Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Have you heard?? Football may become a water sport.

Considering all we ever do is play it in the rain. Doesn't matter what night of the week....it's raining. Friday night has been looking more like underwater synchronized swimming rather than football....for the last 4 weeks. I have some fun mud pictures from that game....would you like to see them? Despite the mud, we are 7-0. Yippee!!! And we have already secured a spot in the playoffs!!! Double Yippee!!!

Anyway, I'm happy to report the Jr. High team has been doing well also. They hosted the conference championship last night.....in the rain....of course. Did you expect any less? I hate rain....I can never get good shots. Not that it's a lot different from a clear night sky for me, though.

However, remember my boy is out there....albeit briefly....but he's out there. Kick-off return team. Well, it happened again this week....they kicked it to him. He caught it....and didn't drop it. Plus, he tucked it and even ran a few yards. Like 4 or 5. But it was positive yardage and we are still learning. At the ripe old age of 12. Good job, my little man.



One day, I promise I'll show you some pics of the Varsity team, making some great plays....but he is my boy, I love football, and I am thrilled to see him on the field. So, for now, you'll just have to suffer with these mediocre shots of him! :)
To be honest, I still have a hard time believing he even crosses my plane of view through that camera lens.....I'm shocked. It seems like forever he has waited for this moment in time....and poof, in a flash....it arrived.

3 comments:

ChrisJean3 said...

Great Mommy story!!! Soooo glad he is feeling better...Friday is surprise day!! Tell him to be ready!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the rain is working well for the Wildcats. Congrats to all! Sorry to take your breath away with the Krispy Kreme post- just thought of you immediately when we saw it on the daily dessert board.

The Cannons said...

I was thinking the next fund raiser should be for Wildcat Rainboots. What do ya think?!ha