So...how are y'all doing? I've been writing these verses on index cards. Then losing them. And writing it again, then leaving them by my bedside and inadvertently placing a water glass on them. Which leaves water rings and makes the ink blur. And so I wrote more, yet again. I think the Lord was trying to work hard on me. Of course, he has to do that often. But I love him so much for it, instead of just giving up on me....He keeps encouraging me every day! And you know what, many days it is through all of you, via this crazy little thing we call the internet.
I do hope you have all been thinking of these words we are hiding in our hearts this month. And I would just like to say to KP how much I appreciate your thoughtful insights you have shared as well with the Hebrew word meanings. I do hope you'll continue to be encouraged to help us all in that area with our future verses. Basically, that's my way of saying, welcome to your new job!! :)
This month, instead of just reciting my verse back to myself in the mirror, or to T5 at home or over the phone, I decided to make the kids memorize it with me. It has been a great tool while we've been in the car, traveling to and from our many activities and events. It didn't matter how near or far the distance, I'd start in with...."These commandments I give you today...." and they would repeat after me, line for line.
Just tonight, as I was watching my beloved Auburn Tigers get thrashed by LSU, Walt stepped over real close beside me and I asked him if he remembered the verse we were learning this month. With a little prodding, he could fill in the blanks where I stopped. Pointing to his wrists and forehead at the end of the verse. HE REMEMBERS!!! It only takes a little effort. And who knows when he may use this verse again, in his life, or in years to come to help someone else.
......instead of fretting over the ugly example of football I was watching on the TV, looking into his big brown eyes, I was reminded of how Deuteronomy 6:6-8 suggests, or rather demands, that we talk about these things while we sit at home, or walk along the road.
So, while watching TV, or riding in the car.....first thing when we get up and have coffee in the morning, or last thing before we close our eyes in slumber....and all the times in between....God is there, we must only seek Him to find Him. He's not hiding. Sometimes we try to, but He never does. I liken this phenomenon we, as humans, have where we think we can keep things from God.....like small children when they are learning peek a boo, or hide and seek. They think as long as they cover their eyes, that you can't see them. Because they can't see you.
God sees us. We can't cover his eyes. And it does us no good to cover our own. He knows our every need.....even when we try to hide it, because of fear, or pride, or past hurts, failures, etc.
It's just a few more days until a new verse will come your way. If you're new to the blog or have no idea what I'm talking about, we are Hiding His words in our Hearts. H3 for short. If you'd like to read the verse for the month of October, just click here to be taken to that post as well. Please join us, and if you decide to, I'd love for you to let me know via comment or email.
For all you fellow word hiders, how are you doing? I thank each of you for joining in this month....it is wonderful to share in this with you all.
2 comments:
Not so good, but I have written it a couple of times and even brought home some brightly colored notecards, so I could SEE where I had written them. I like Walt's version. I will do better next month. Priorities, priorities, priorities.
Thank you for the challenge!
Love you more than you will ever know.
LLL
I am very excited about my new "job", thanks for the recruitment. Here's something He has shown me in this month's passage. We impress them (intentionally teach), we talk about them everywhere, all the time, we bind them to ourselves. So we TEACH, we COMMUNICATE, we LIVE it out. A balance of all three. If I just teach it, and don't continually communicate Him with my kids, the lesson will be lost. If I teach, but don't live it, it will be empty. I guess it's "practice what we preach" and "walk the talk". love u- kp
Post a Comment