Thursday, October 08, 2009

Homecoming or Bust.....

Let me just tell you....a box of Krispy Kremes can work wonders but I don't even think they could have helped me last week. Homecoming....Great Grandparents....Parade Floats....Bonfire....Chicken Dinners....Gymnastics....ACTUAL football games! And the list could go on, but I'll stop there. It was exciting and exhausting and I'm not sure I'll ever fully recover. But that's nothing new at my age. And while I loved it, I am glad it's over. And would also have loved to have put it out of my mind completely, because my muscles start twitching with trepidation when they think about it again. However, one of my dearest cousins emailed to say she thought she would be seeing some homecoming pics on the blog....so I give you, homecoming pics.

The husband had to ride in the parade, and wave like Miss America....or Mr. Universe, I guess. But before he jumped aboard his chariot, he parked a vehicle right on the front lines for the GREAT GRANDS to have a birds eye view. Parades amuse the young and old alike....83 year olds love this stuff. :)






The opposing mascot this year was a "tornado". Really? I thought it was going to be pretty tough to come up with a good float having a tornado to defeat. But I must say....it was one of the best years yet. And although I won't show you all of them, every grade did an excellent job!






There were lots of pretty girls....homecoming reps....one of these gals was later crowned QUEEN at halftime!! Yahoo!



And there was also future homecoming queens watching and waiting....such a cutie!!
And there was even a Wildcat---with candy. That's my favorite kind. A wildcat bearing sweet gifts.
So, there's your homecoming recap, in a nutshell. Because I'm still tired. And just looking at it all wears me out all over again!! :)
I have something fun planned for next week. Be sure to check back maybe on Monday for a test....don't worry it's a picture test....and I don't think you'll have any trouble figuring it out, at all. At all. No need to even study this weekend.

1 comment:

Maryalice said...

Some of my best memories of high school revolve around Homecoming week. I hope Rivers enjoyed his first one. I think that was the best 7th grade float I have ever seen.