Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This can't be happening....but it is.

Elder Son becomes a teenager today. 

Go ahead and cry with me....I hate crying alone.

Seriously?  How in the world could this be possible? I mean in order for me to have a child old enough to be a teenager, a real full fledged teenager, that would mean that I would have to be old.  Real old. 

I thought I was still just in my mid-late twenties?  And if so, there's no way I could have a teenager unless I had given birth to him in like 3rd grade or something.  And I remember 3rd grade....Mrs. Handley's class, fourth door down the hall on the left, learning my times tables and beginning handwriting.....however, I do not remember having a baby. 

So will someone please tell me how I have a teenager?

More importantly, tell me how this.....



became this.....


in the blink of an eye. 

Elder Son, you are wonderful, gifted, tenderhearted, a leader, a helper, lovable, huggable, smart as a whip, giving, and oh. so. cool. these days.  Thanks for letting me be your mom. Even if having a teenager makes me old.  I love you. 

11 comments:

mraines021762 said...

Please tell Rivers Happy Birthday! I'll be praying for you. I love you and miss you all bunches -- HAVE fun the rest of the way!

Mary

ChrisJean3 said...

Ok...your stressing over your 13 year old making you old??? I think I'll just lay down in the gutter...mine will be 18 in June. I'm too old to be typing this!! I should run home and check my mail, because I'm sure my social security check is waiting on me!!! lol

Tell Rivers HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I know of one Senior blonde who thinks he is absolutely wonderful!!

Katie Tanner said...

It's a bittersweet birthday. Happy he is growing up and you are able to watch him, but then again, he is becomming a young man right b4 your eyes. No matter how old he may be, he will ALWAYS be your elder son...

Lana said...

Happy Birthday, Rivers!! I love you SOOOO much!
Aunt Lana

carissa said...

aw, how bittersweet! in 12 years when my baby becomes a teenager i know i will certainly be a mess!

The Deavours Family said...

Happy Birthday Rivers!!

Kim Lawson said...

Happy Birthday Rivers!! I still have a picture of me holding you at Jamey and Michelle's wedding reception. You must have been about 2 months old! A precious baby has grown into a precious teenager!

courtney said...

Happy Birthday, Rivers! Hope you had a great day. We love you!

Maryalice said...

Happy Birthday Rivers!

hicksfamilycircus said...

OH I can't even begin to think of teenage year. I'll send a box of tissues over right now.

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Rivers! We love you