Friday, March 19, 2010

Jesse James (Day 2)


Sadly, we arrived too late for a tour to see the alledged, infamous bullet hole.  But we saw the last house Jesse James lived in with his wife and children (although this wasn't it's original location, but was moved here to attract more tourists in St. Joseph, Missouri), and the claim that it is where he was shot and killed while dusting a picture frame, and for that they are 99.7% certain.  :) 

Many believed that Jesse James, a famous American outlaw and bank robber, had staged his death. However in 1995 they exhumed his body and after some DNA testing, confirmed that it was indeed Jesse James.

All I can say is that if he wasn't dead back in 1882, he certainly is now. And for that, I am 99.7% sure. Just as sure as I am that these 2 kids have the best time re-enacting each stop in their own way...

1 comment:

Lana said...

Funny...do you think JJ smiled like TB?