Friday, March 19, 2010

Random Moments on the road....(Day 2)


In Missouri,(and maybe in some other states I don't know about as well), they use a letting system for their county roads instead of numbers.  Strange to me. It was hard to get used to, traveling down the highway, with the alphabet posted along the road.



Our GPS was programmed to alert us if we came within a certain distance of any quirky, off the beaten path, sort of American roadside attraction.  After driving to the back side of this small pub in a little neighborhood in Missouri, on the loading dock out back we found this:

The Biggest Ball of String
The owners keep it out on the back porch area during winter and clean it up and set it back out front once spring arrives.

While driving through the heartland of America, we passed many farms, Baby Girl loved seeing these "oreo" cows as she calls them.  Later, but without the camera handy, we passed many true "oreo" cows, the ones with the black front and back and a middle white strip sandwiched in between.

Thrown in because he's still too cute.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hey, I saw that ball of twine about....well let's just say....several years ago. I may go through G-mam's pictures and see if I can find it.

Lana said...

Fun times!