I hope you will find the same to be true for this month as well. Yesterday was my middle son's birthday. It snowed in the morning hours. We drove in to school and it was like a mini-southern style, rainy blizzard. The rain would hit the windshield and as I would swipe the wipers across we could see the snowflakes that were coming at us at record speed. Of course they didn't stick, mixed with the rain, once they hit the car it was more of an icy slush splatter. But anyway, my point is, it snowed yesterday. In the deep south. It was March 2nd. I don't think it's ever snowed on my boys' birthday. Why? Because usually we are heading into spring.....maybe slowly, but it is March and we don't live above the Mason-Dixon line so why does it still feel like the dead of winter around here?
Am I the only one who is FAR MORE THAN READY for spring to SPRING? I think not. But you can let me know in the comments section if you're also ready for the sun to stay out more than 12.5 minutes per day. As usual, I had in my head what I thought this month's verse would be weeks ahead, and then I was shown a verse yesterday that summed up these feelings of impatience I've been having, and I realized that was what the Lord wanted me to share with all of you.
Our verse for March 2010:
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." ~~Ecclesiastes 3:1
Isn't that true on so many levels? We hear it often, but do you really stop to think about it? It applies to alot more than the 4 temperate climates we experience during the course of a year. Sure, here I am being so impatient that the nice spring weather hasn't began as I felt it should.....seriously? Do I really think the Lord has forgotten that spring comes after winter and does he realize that it's March and we are waiting, although not so patiently, for Him to send the sun kissed afternoons back into our land, instead of playing one more round of scrabble with the apostles?
Take the time to read on in Ecclesiastes when you look up this verse in your bible.....verses 1-8 sum up our lives in just a few short words. All of our life experiences, the good, the bad and the ugly, fit neatly in those 8 verses. Nothing, my friends, is by accident, or coincidence. The Lord still reigns each and every day. Yes, we are earthly beings who are here making choices every step of the way, but He still has his eye and hand on every move. Yes, there is a time for and there is a reason behind "every activity":
- The miscarriage you experienced.
- That neighbor that moved in beside you that doesn't know the Lord.
- The problem at work that seems to be taking you under, will actually make you stronger, through the Lord's purposes, in the end.
- The wall you built around you because of the hurts you've experienced in the past.
- The rewarding feeling when the wall you built around you is torn down when you allow others to embrace you again, when you allow trust back in your life, even a little smidge at a time.
- The moments that aren't really worth fighting over. The silly arguments that begin small and turn into something much larger, and are so mind boggling in the end that they even were the cause of a dispute. Yes, it's true, there is a time to speak and a time to just shut up. Although we aren't supposed to say shut up in our house, so don't tell my kids I wrote that!! :)
- The letting go of a child who's growing up. (Swallow hard, I've got a teenager coming this month.)
- The sadness that follows a relationship that's been broken, somehow, in some way, with a spouse, a friend, a sister or brother, a daughter or son, a church member, a co-worker, etc.
- The gladness that follows when that relationship is allowed to heal and be mended again. It may take hours, days, months, years....but a true heart mending can come about, even if only on your end, as long as you seek the Lord's will and timing.
I know you don't like the problems that keep surfacing in the workplace. I know you might scream if your child tests your patience just one more time. I know you want your friends to understand what's going on, but can't seem to bring yourself to be cracked open to share with them because, oh my, they might see that the hurts are really deep, and you aren't as strong as you seem. I know you wish your babies would stay babies forever, because the thought of them trekking off to college, or a job, or just leaving your wing are more than you can bear. I know you dislike the decisions being made by those "in charge", because quite simply, they are wrong.
Impatience...a great deceiver. Can you imagine if God practiced such impatience? He would have long given up on us. Even if our friends and family can't go through another dry season with us, they can't take another step in the cold darkness we create, you know who can? God's patience with us is unfathomable.
Remember:
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." ~Ecclesiastes 3:1
(look, grey mare, another short verse! :) See, I'm looking out for you!)

8 comments:
You have chosen another great verse! I enjoy reading your thoughts behind choosing each verse, each month. I thank God for the season that you came into my life. Love you, Kimberly! You are a beautiful person on the outside, but your beauty is so deep within too.
Rock on...
KTB~ the Beth Moore of Berry :)
My Wednesday night ladies class just discussed this verse. Some could say it's just a coincidence, but not me. There is a time for "every activity". Many of your "activities" struck chords within me. Thank you, again, for your outstanding post!
You always know the right verse at the right time! Thanks Honey!!!
The Lord will supply you “All your needs, Not all your wants” I get very impatient very easily and quickly and have found my self asking why? Why now? Why he/she? Then I always go back to this verse and what my mother has always told me, Everything happens for a Reason! God is the reason! And we should Always Thank him no matter how bad it hurts because we know he is Right and has a plan for each of us. I love the Verse.........and yes I am Very ready for Spring!!
Ok Kimberly Bowling...it is NOT ok to make me cry at work! The tears came so freely while I was reading this post. EVERY point you made, hit me so hard. I have been struggling the last several months with the "upcoming" graduation of "my most precious blessing". Thank you...thank you for your friendship, thank you for being the mother that you are...and most importantly, thank you for being a vessel that delivers just what I need, exactly when I need it! I love you bunches!!!
I look forward to your verses every month! Thank you again for doing this!
To every [thing there is] a season 2165, and a time 6256 to every purpose 2656 under the heaven 8064 (kjv)
Season-a set time, appointed time, time
Time- A fit or proper time, an opportunity
Purpose- delight, pleasure
a) delight
b) desire, longing
c) the good pleasure
d) that in which one takes delight
There is an appointed time, and a proper time for every delight and pleasure under heaven.
Post a Comment