Our First Day of the road trip was geared toward getting a good start on the road....we had a lot of miles to cover. So, we left as soon as we exited the car line from picking up the kids from school. And 4 hours later we arrived just in time for supper at our first scheduled stop....a local pizza joint in Jonesboro, Arkansas.... "The Upper Crust".
A friend of mine from book club had suggested this stop and I was so glad! My family loves a good pizza....and this was just the spot! I found their website and emailed the owner asking for his suggestion for a great pizza choice (my guys all love just plain ol' pepperoni, where I like to branch out a little). Chad, the owner, sent me some great choices and said go ahead, take a leap and try something new, if I didn't like it, they'd make me something else! He also sent us a coupon for a free order of their cheesesticks.....you'll see those pictured below.
YUM-O. Mini french breads stuffed with some ooey-gooey cheese.....
As I figured, the guys all wanted a pepperoni, Baby Girl ordered her a mini cheese, and I ordered a Grace Garden (full of mozzarella, artichoke hearts, bacon, spinach and tomatoes).....oh. my. lands.
Right up my alley....loved it. And the mini was the perfect size. And I savored every last bite, my friends, every last bite.
This is the only "stop" we made for our first day of travel. After eating, we drove as far as we could into the night, making it to Springfield, Missouri to bed down. But look for much more to come on the remaining days of Road Trip 2010.
I am going to tell you if you are ever in the Jonesboro area....or even if you are close (they are about an hour from the Memphis area) you must make a stop here. Thin, crispy crust....fresh ingredients....friendly folks.....free cheese sticks.....what more could you ask for???? We will return to The Upper Crust.....even if it's just a little road trip all it's own. :)
***Side note: Our waitress was a cute little high-school/college aged girl, whom Baby Girl took an immediate liking to her friendliness as well as her smell. Yes, that's right, everytime she came to the table, Baby Girl would say, "she smells good". And there were many occasions for her to stop at our table....when our drink orders were taken, when our drinks were delivered, our appetizer was brought out, our pizzas were delivered, we needed refills, we needed more house sauce for dipping, our check, etc.etc. After one longer stop to check on us, while standing nearby Baby Girl for a while, upon the waitress' departure Baby Girl smiled and stated for all of us to hear, "that was a nice pause." Middle Child promptly asked her to please quit "sniffing the waitress".
5 comments:
okay, the pictures made me hungry! and i just ate dinner - that's how good they look! i guess it could also be attributed to being pregnant! : )
Sounds like yall had a great trip. Can't wait to see more pics and read about ur adventure..
oh...that pizza looks yummy!
Glad more memories are in the books! Can't wait to see and read all about it.
I'm excited to tune in and see where you went! I hope you had fun. I wish that pizza place was close to us!
Post a Comment