Tuesday, March 30, 2010

GIVEAWAY DAY!!!



During our road trip travel posts, on Sunday when we visited one of the smallest churches in America (this one was in Minnesota), I mentioned we worshipped together as a family....just our family, with everyone participating.  This was the kids' devotional book I talked about reading from that I brought along for the trip. 

I've had several people inquire about it, and I have always wanted to do a giveaway on the blog, so what better way than to give away this devotional....the entries are short, memorable, exciting, and FUN!

This devotional book is really neat....and all 3 of my children LOVE it!! It keeps their interest, is very engaging, makes for wonderful discussions, and is super easy to correlate a scripture, God's word, into our daily lives.  I think it has a suggested age of 8-12....but I'd dare to say it's great for any age....0-99....it has fun, interesting facts and stories for everyone which are followed by a scripture verse to tie everyday life together with what the Bible says!  My husband and I both enjoy it as well.  We'll send the kids to brush their teeth or put away clothes or get pajamas on, and they'll each yell back...."don't start reading without me"  or  "wait for me before you do the devotion"!! 

Now, here's the rub....apparently we've had this book longer than I first thought.  It is now out of print. I couldn't find it at any of the book stores, or the Lifeway stores I ventured to in our area.  So, I was planning on giving a chance to win this devotional to one of you....but instead, you'll have to settle for the 2nd edition, which I'm certain will prove to be just as engaging for the entire family!!

To enter, all you need to do is leave a comment on this post, just your name is fine, a favorite book you've loved, what you ate for supper last night, your favorite color, anything at all....and a winner will be chosen, randomly, on Thursday , April 1, around noon.  I'm not too keen on the tech world aspects, nor do I expect many will enter, so we'll be doing things the old fashioned way here at House of Bowling....drawing a number from the hat! :) 

Even if you don't have children, go ahead and enter.....you can give it to your nieces or nephews, or grandchildren,  or surprise your friend that has kids (what mom wouldn't love a good devotional book) or maybe you need a birthday gift, or baby gift......the possibities are endless, I'm sure everyone has someone in mind who could use it, even if you can't!! :)

16 comments:

jtwelch said...

I hope I win! :)

Barbara Chambers said...

I would love this. I'll give it to Bentley and Adam. Great book: The Shack and To Kill a Mockingbird. Love your blog so much I told my mom to get on it for entertainment purposes.

HPES said...

Kim Porter- fav color=purple, fav book of the bible=habbakuk, fav day=saturday, fav food=pizza with diet dr.pepper, fav part of my life=being a mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim! Looks like I checked out my RSS feed on the right day! :) What a neat book! I'm going to add it to my amazon.com wish list in case I don't win it! We are only days away from completing our current kids bible that we've been reading for about 18 months. It's been great, but I wasn't sure what to do next. This would be wonderful! :)

The Deavours Family said...

Oh I believe that Aubrey and Lainey would love this!!! They are all about having stories read to them before bedtime!

ChrisJean3 said...

Christy K. Jean - favorite book, A Time To Kill,currently reading Dear John.

Courtney Long said...

So excited for your first "giveaway!"

Fav Book = The Firm, John Grisham; Fav Color = I always say purple; Ate for supper...hmm...a turkey/brie paninni in the denver airport.

Danyell said...

I will keep this for my blessings to come :) My favorite book right now is The Help, although I have several.

Lana said...

Hello dear friend. How about this...

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven" Ecclesiastes 3:1

LLL

Unknown said...

I made it to the internet! Yay for a great giveaway!

Beth said...

Beth Grey
Favorite Book - To Kill a Mockingbird
Reading Now - So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore (LOVE HER!!!)

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 107:1

carissa said...

ooooh! thanks for a chance to win this! my favorite color is green... any shade of it! thanks for your sweet comment! i'm just thrilled to have a little girl! can't wait. : )

valerie in TX said...

Hi Kimberly, thanks for visiting my blog and for your fun comment! Just out of curiosity, how did you find me? :) I love to travel too, but I'm sad to say that we don't get to do it very often.

How fun that I'm visiting you on the day you're having a giveaway! My favorite color is green, one of my favorite books is "If You Want to Walk on Water, You Have to Get Out of the Boat" by John Ortberg, I'm currently reading Fasting, by Jentezen Franklin, and for dinner last night we had breakfast! :) (eggs and bacon - glad to know about the lip gloss trick!)

This devotional sounds awesome. I may have to go buy it if I don't win. ;)

The Baker's said...

Wes loves books - we read to him every night before bed. I think we would enjoy this book together.

The Cannons said...

Pick me, Pick me!!:)

Anonymous said...

I would love to give this book to Kadence. She already knows that Jesus loves her and she is always ready to go to church. Her favorite song is "Oh Happy Day". She does the motions for Jesus washing my sins away. She is adorable! Maybe I'll win!
Favorite book - The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Sherri