Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Who knew God spoke through e-mail??

We have such a tech savvy Lord. Just a few weeks ago, I received this message in my inbox.

  • "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners -- of whom I am the worst." ~ 1 Timothy 1:15


Hello, sting of conviction. Nice to see you again.

Now, I'll just be honest here. Since summer began, and broken leg boy's accident occurred, I have not been very diligent with my daily quiet time. And who do I think I'm kidding that the Lord would let that pass without scolding me.....in the form of bible verse e-mails.

But just when I had reflected on my "full acceptance" of being the sinner labeled as "worst", and hung my head in shame......


a few days passed and this little gentle reminder arrived in the ol' inbox, and made my heart glad:

  • "I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness....." ~Isaiah 61:10

You see in that first verse, I may be the worst sinner....but it also states that Christ came to save, and more importantly, I am a saved sinner.

Myheart became even more glad when my inbox brought me this verse, earlier last week.....

  • "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?....I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation. will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~ Romans 8:35, 38-39

So even though, I still am struggling with a strong daily devotional, truly studying His word is my hearts desire. Therefore, I take it one day at a time. Because He's still around. He's always around. Even when I'm not.

I just wanted to share with you today. Who knows, you may get a glad heart from reading those verses too. I am so thankful for His mercy, His grace and most importantly His love.

His love for a sinner like me.

It still amazes me, every single day.

3 comments:

Lana said...

In facebook language.. Thumbs up, I like this.

The Cannons said...

Thanks Sister!

Anonymous said...

My wife is truly amazing... thanks for the post it was well needed today.