Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wanna see what rods inside the bone marrow of a femur look like??? Me too.

So, here's what Broken Leg Boy's femur x-rays looked like before surgery.


And here it is, 3 weeks post surgery. This was taken on our first follow up visit to see the surgeon. Where I delicately told him the story of me allowing Broken Leg Boy to fall out of his wheelchair. Due to the fact that I was scared out of my mind, because the x-ray looked like his leg was still broken. Ahem, no need to reminisce. Luckily the Dr. informed me it WAS still broken, but looked good. Which, thankfully, let me off the guilt hook from the wheelchair incident.

Anyway, like I said before, I had no idea the rods would go the ENTIRE length of the femur, from the knee right up to the hip socket.....and he only has two small incisions on either side...... I am still amazed.

Of course, I was also amazed when I learned that my new washer can have a conversation with my new dryer. And they haven't even been to med school. (More on that tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Lana said...

So how did they do that??