And may I present the King of the Mountain:

On Monday I showed you pics of the kiddos on our fun day at the beach. I had packed us all PBJ sandwiches and chips and waters for lunch on the beach. But I knew we'd all be starving after playing all day in the ocean, and we had over an hour drive back, so supper would need to be close by. Therefore, I packed us all a change of clothes, we set out to the public showers, made an attempt at getting the sand off, and put on our fresh duds.
And then we walked about 28 steps and ordered up a helping of this yummy goodness: Anybody recognize it???

You are correct if you answered silently to your computer--"The Hangout". That's exactly where we were. And it's situated RIGHT BESIDE the public beach. And that queso....ummmm, wish I had some right now with a basket full of those sea salted chips!!!
If you've never been, it's a neat place to go, you know, HANGOUT, and eat, and let the kids play, and even shop for a souvenir---all under one happy roof. Jackpot for this tired mom.

So we did it all. We ate, the kids played, the bought souvenirs, and we had fun just Hanging Out. Clever marketing people. The HANGOUT. Who knew it was that easy?
Anyway, if you go, may I please suggest you get the Chicken Wrap with their special sauce on it, called Shaka Shaka. It is DIVINE. And if I wouldn't have devoured mine when our waiter brought it out, I would have taken a photo to show you. You'll just have to trust me on this. Divine. Plus what's not to love about saying a cool name like Shaka Shaka???
After we ate, the kids begged to go back out to all the play areas. I loaded up the to go cups and trudged on out to watch. Of course with camera nearby. My belly was full, so I could focus on taking pics again!!
Let me tell you....I should just pay for a dumptruck load of sand to be brought in to our backyard. My kids could have stayed on that hill of fresh, soft sand for HOURS. Running up it, rolling down it, jumping off of it, etc. etc. etc. Of course, that is, everyone but Broken Leg Boy.
He couldn't do what this sweet gal is doing. Look at that fierce runners face. Fast little scoot, even in a sundress.

Nor could Broken Leg Boy do any of these fancy stunt-man-worthy moves that his brother exhibited. Disclaimer: No broken bones occurred during the making of these photos. Thank Goodness.



Nope Broken Leg Boy could do absolutely NONE of that. However, he ditched the crutches at the bottom and went to town on this sand mountain. With sheer determination, and the clawing and digging up with his hands.....

He made it to the top. King of the Mountain. While the other court jesters roust about, he gazes over the grandeur of his domain. Crutchless. Feeling normal, yet again today.

- Little miss fast and furious....and cute, too.
The other two continued to roll, leap, run, jump and slide all up and down the sand. And eventually broken leg boy came down from the top perch as well. Slowly, methodically making his descent.
- Gosh, I love these kids. I am ever so thankful for this HANGOUT time we shared.
I laugh every time I look at this. She may be cute, but she CANNOT do the proper "HANGOUT" sign. The boys shouted to hold it up, and her first attempt was just a thumbs up. Then I have a couple of shots of her looking at their hands, trying to figure out what to do with hers. And a couple more of the boys turning around laughing and trying to show her..... bless her heart, this was the best she could muster. Girly girl. Cracks me up.
2 comments:
Too cute!!
I think we were down at Gulf Shores the weekend you went!! I wish I had known.You know, Janice used to dance the night away,at the Old Hang Out in GS!!! I was thrilled to see that they had renewed a place, filled with so many memories for us.Ask Nana about the Hang out!! lol Love y'all!!!!
Post a Comment