It was a hassle, and I'll be honest, they aren't exactly what I wanted. I wanted them in orange. But we couldn't find them anywhere within a 3 state radius, in orange. While I may favor that color, I'm not crazy enough to spend vacation time and money driving to or having a delivery fee for orange laundry room accessories. I do draw the line on myself, sometimes.
But they work OUTSTANDINGLY well, despite their champagne-ish color. I (sort of) enjoy laundry. Basically because I get a kick out of seeing the drum spin a monster load of towels and jeans with little effort, like it's about to take off from the launchpad at NASA. Warp speed, I tell you, warp speed. It's the darndest thing. My mind is small, I only need laundry to amuse it.
And because of all that serious spinnage, it looks as though Alabama Power will have to cut back to finger foods instead of a sit down dinner at the Christmas Gala this year. Sorry guys. I'm no sucker anymore. That washer slings almost every droplet of water right out of the clothes. Thus the dryer, kicks back and has a peachy keen job. A few minutes tossed about and WHAM!!!... cycle is complete! No more drying and drying and drying denim and cotton for what seems like forever. I am beside myself with the time and power savings!!
Which also brings me to this point. The title of the post. How, you ask, do I know the washer is the girl in the relationship? Here, look, I'll show you:
This is a photo of the dryer, being told EXACTLY what to do by the washer. Ha. Those clever people at GE state it as "Receiving Cycle Information From Washer" .....but basically HE's just be told what to do by HER.
And as if that isn't weird enough that I spill the beans about the gender, I take pictures to prove it. I am so weird. Seriously, the washer tells the dryer how damp the clothes are and then it calculates how many minutes it will take to dry that load. CRAZY.
Plus, look at what else these fancy things have.....back to the basics for me. Yep. It even has one of those AWESOME "dewrinkle" settings, you know the one I spoke about a few months back, that I just adore instead of the dreaded iron? Anyway, I just whip that dial right around and light that bad boy up.
So, there you have it. I love them both, equally. They have made the laundry fairy very happy. She has but two complaints:
1) they didn't come in orange
2) she really wanted a "fold and put away" button installed
5 comments:
Well, I guess, then, both my washer and dryer are 5 year old girls. Because they both say "I can do it myself, I don't need your help". They each sense how much water to use and suck out and dry by the weight of the load.
Sometimes they get it right, and sometimes I have to put the clothes back in for a little longer.
You are so crazy! Love every crazy word and LOVE that it's not orange!!Roll Tide!
1. So glad you visited and commented. I love having new blogs to read, so you are sure to be added to my list.
2. I am super jealous of your washer and dryer. I am also impressed that they have a "marriage" where the female indeed tells the male what to do.
3. I'm in the process of reading Harry Potter (because I never did) so nothing new right now. I am working on a must read list though.
You will see the results instantly on your electric bill. We procrastinated forever and eventually purchased a pair of Samsung for the laundry fairy. They will pay for themselves. Congratulations to both of you and Happy Mother's/Father's Day!
Funny story! Also funny that they were your mother's day gift! My set were my Mother's Day gift in 2008! I'm with you.......BRING ON THE APPLIANCES!!!
Post a Comment