The groom coaches a girl's soccer team. The entire team sat on the front left pew, as honorary bridesmaids. And as a little added touch, each groomsmen entered the wedding party after first handing off a soccer ball to the groom....it was a lot of balls. :)
And here's me with my cousins Jim and Kim. Parents of the bride. Good folks. Great stories. Fun times. Memories that last. Thanks for a great weekend, we enjoyed it immensely!!
One more thing before I go. A "you have to see it to believe it" kind of event.
Now, remember back yesterday when I showed you a certain photo, and discussed the issue of diabetic socks and orthotic shoes? Well, the proof is in the podiatry pudding, so to speak.
Apparently, they really work. He is 75, after all. And can still move on the dance floor, like a suave young fellow. Dapper, even.
For all you nay-sayers who wouldn't believe me, I post this photo as well. A frontal view, with his face clearly visible. See, it really is him. That's my daddy, dancing the jitterbug, or the south carolina shag, or something, with our cousin Linda. She's a real sweetie. And like so many others in the family, she was A.M.A.Z.E.D at the skillz of her Uncle Willard.I think we should vote him in to "dancing with the stars"..... I can just see him, big rolls of medical stockings at his ankles, taking center stage. Those circulatory socks must really make you light on your feet.
Okay so I lied. I had one more photo to pull from the pile. Here's a keeper. Taken just moments after the blushing bride and dashing groom shared their first kiss as husband and wife. And we departed to the hallway to rest a minute before breaking outside into the SC heat and humidity.
Literally, we had to suck in as much oxygen as we could. One step outside and it felt like your lungs were about to collapse at a moment's notice.
Hello summer, can you take just a small step back....you are completely all up in my personal space. And while I love you, in fact, I long for you on those cold winter nights and I dream of your endless evenings, I have to be honest....your heat index is killing me.
At any rate, back to the photo at hand.
I'm not sure, but this look may have arrived on her face after her Daddy informed her she wasn't allowed to get married. You know those "experts" say you can tell an awful lot just from someone's body language. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that those crossed arms, coupled with the upward eyeball tilt, signify she was none too happy about her Dad's decision. Nor his smug grin as he verbalized his thoughts.
Oohh, boys and girls, kids of all ages, this little showdown will prove to be far better than the Greatest Show on Earth.
I cannot wait to see who wins this battle.
Which is code for: Fortunately for him.....he has several years left to start saving.
2 comments:
I LOVE the showdown picture. Priceles. One to save for her wedding day should she ever be allowed to do so. Have a Great 4th!
When are you going to write a book? Being a Tyner, you have LOTS of available material for a Southern comedy best seller. It might even show up on Southern Living's page of suggested Southern books to read. You could pen yourself the (non) Diabetic Diva!
Post a Comment