Wednesday, July 08, 2009

It's all about life's little moments.....

Earlier today, the kids and I were driving down the road. I was driving, although I really wish they could step on up to the plate and chaffeur me around, the law looks down on that kind of behavior for people underage. Laws. Hmph.

Anyway, let me set the scene. We love music. So the radio was blaring, but of course not at a decibel so high it would hurt those poor children's eardrums....

TB had taken her hair out of the ponytail, and "shook it out"..... admiring herself in the side mirror.....

Taylor Swift started singing, "You Belong With Me", (on the radio, as she was not on our road adventure today) and the singing inside the car grew much louder, to the point that I thought I might have to turn the kids down a notch to save their own eardrums.

But I let it go, because it's summer, and what is more fun than belting out your favorite tunes while the sun beats down through the sunroof?? Exactly.

At which point, Tyner Beth, not taking her eyes off herself in the side mirror, stated gingerly:

  • "Mama, look at me, I look like I could be in a music video".

Her hair was blowing in the breeze......of the air conditioner vent.

Broken Leg Boy kept shouting the lyrics, Cool Dude laughed and shook his head in annoyance at the thought of it all.....and this mama just basked in the glory of these precious, little moments...I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

They are the grandest of days.

3 comments:

The Cannons said...

Agree!LOVE these days. Today was one of those for us too. "Momma can you please turn it to our station?!" "We like the boom-boom songs!!per Houston. Good thing they only hear the "Boom-Boom" and not the "Bleep-Bleep" words they don't need to know yet.ha

Lana said...

She does have music video potential. I remember that the hair bands of the 80's always had girls with long hair with the wind blowing throw it. Let's just encourage her to be a modest music video star!!

Enjoy these days.... they will be spending the summer at lots of other places rather than home. Sara has been gone off and on for the entire summer and will spend the rest of July somewhere else besides 150 Lakeview Circle. It is quite difficult to let them grow and go, but it awesome to see them experience the great things in life. When is our annual movie outing? and where are my strawberries??

Love you dear
~Lana

Anonymous said...

I believe you might set a record for packing things in a summer.