Yes, they taste as good as they look.
The kids helped me make them for a book club meeting last week. It was killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. They wanted to do a cooking camp session, and I needed help in the kitchen anyway! I had decided that we might start doing one recipe from our Southern Living magazine every month....and we went back to April's issue and found these.
I served them as dessert, alongside an almond caramel square, and they were delicious!
A whole bag of caramels in our house will not last long. As evidenced here:
"one for me, one for the bowl, one to eat now, one to save for later...."
- Here's how you know a recipe must be good....it calls for whipping cream.
- After a few minutes in the microwave, let the dipping and rolling commence.
- Can you imagine anything better than the taste of fresh ripened strawberries, sweet caramel, and salty nuts???
- A whole platter full of them.
To see the full recipe, click HERE.
4 comments:
YUM MY!! I want to try those!! They would taste better if YOU made them for me.
Love you dear!
wow - those do look good!!!!
Not only do the treats look delicious, the group fun makes the whole thing all the better for me to read.
Oh, my gosh! To die for!
I HAVE to follow your blog! :)
Post a Comment