Thursday, July 02, 2009

Just so you know.....it's hot in South Carolina, too.

Recently we traveled to the great palmetto state of South Carolina. It was a family wedding. And we don't miss family weddings. Over 40 of our family came in from Alabama and a few from Georgia as well. Siblings, Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, in-laws once or twice removed.....yep, they were all there.

And get this.....that sleepy little town in SC didn't know what hit them! Almost every single family member stayed at one hotel. Let's jus say the ol' Days Inn will never be the same. And neither will their small pool.

Broken leg boy took full advantage of using his water noodle gun.....because hey, it was almost forbidden to retaliate.....I mean, he DOES have a broken leg, folks.


See, what did I tell you....the pool is full...of nothing but our family. I think our rowdy bunch scared off any others who happened to be staying at the hotel. We pretty much had the 12 foot long pool to ourselves, day and night. Not that there was much room for any "outsiders", anyway!



Here are many of the youngest generation..... doing their "crazy photo"....

If you look closely in the photo, it appears to me that many of them are holding up the age they usually act, 2, or 5, or maybe they are attempting in vain to do a good Richard Nixon impersonation. Now that would be crazy.

Of course they could just be crazy from the heat. The only way to stay cool ,if you left the chilly air-conditioned hotel room, was to jump in the water.



Two cute cousins.


More cuties....getting ready to go grab some dinner. Had the best steak and shrimp shish-ka-bobs of my life at a hole in the wall restaurant that evening. I wanted to take a picture to show you, but T-5 laughed at me when I pulled my camera out of my purse at the table. So, I just ate them instead. Believe me, they were scrumptious.



Even more cute cousins. Lindsay is so great with all the little cousins. And they all LOVE her!!




  • And here's a photo of the blind leading the blind. OK. not really, but doesn't that man look OUTSTANDING in his orthotic shoes and diabetic (rolled down) socks?


Like TB's homemade poster so eloquently stated last month....he's 75 and he's still alive. Those socks must be really worth something. Besides, who says fashion like that can't make a comeback?

You know you used to roll your socks down too, they just weren't diabetic socks, and you were probably only 9 at the time.

Maybe we could all get a pair. Except, I must sport mine pulled all the way up to my knees.

And I hope they do come in different colors. Then I might consider rolling them down. You know, two colors to coordinate with my outfit.

Kind of like reliving 1984 all over again. Except instead of looking ever so stylish while making a fashion statement, I will also be helping my circulatory system.

Stay tuned. Wedding photos to come.

Now where's that number for those orthotic shoes?



4 comments:

Courtney Long said...

love that zebra print dress TB has on! not so much on the diabetes socks, but who cares, right?

Lana said...

Cutie pies all over. He and my sweet Sara would make a pretty pair; and he is very far away. Just the way I like boyfriends for my sweet baby.

So glad that you had a great time. We are in the great state even as I write. We have enjoyed a few days in the Summerville/Charleston area and now are visiting the island of Hilton Head. Ahhh Life is so good.

Love you dear friend,
LLL

Lana said...

Oh I forgot to tell you; I love the new background.

kimberly t. bowling said...

Court, I have a sweet post coming soon about that dress. I love it too, it's become one of my favorites for her to wear this summer.

And LLL...thanks for the compliment on the blog facelift. I'm trying some new things, trying to find something fresh. Never know what looks good for the readers....have a great weekend!