Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank a Soldier and his family....

My friend, Michele, sent me an email a few days ago...."The Sack Lunches"--it was a great story, but what really struck me hardest were these words located at the bottom of the story.... I'm not sure of the author, but wanted to pass them along.

  • A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including My life'. That is HONOR and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Take the time today to thank any veterans, or presently serving soldiers that you can. We can never repay them with the gratitude they deserve. 

Another thing that is pressing on my heart....be thankful for the sacrifice and burdens placed on the families of soldiers.... be prayerful for them as well. 

**H3 connection -- I am grateful to any serving now, those gone on before, those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for you and I, those who have yet to volunteer....for providing my family and I the freedoms we cherish.  God Bless the USA.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Thanks for remembering the families. People sometimes forget that they are the ones left to keep everything together, when their lives feel like they have been shattered into a million pieces.

Thanks to those who have served and are currently serving. Two of my favorites are LTC. Chuck Langley; Iraq and William B. Simpson; Vietman War.