Saturday, November 07, 2009

Happy Birthday!!


So, today is my sister's birthday. She's older than me. And often wiser.

This picture is not recent. It's from May 2008. When looking for one, and realizing I rarely stop to take pics of adults in our family, I'm usually just focused on whatever the kids are doing, I concluded that this Holiday season I need to get some adult photos to file away. Especially of me and my sister.

Regardless of the not so recent photo, I'd like to wish her a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Plus, I'd also like to list a few thankful thoughts I've had this first week of November:
  • Obviously, I'm thankful for my older, wiser sister. She's a real gem. That became very clear when she gave me an American Express card during my college years at Auburn. That I could use on Wednesday nights at Denaro's for Karaoke night. And the bill was mailed to her. And she paid it. And my friends and I had a good time..... :)
    Seriously, that's just a great memory, I'm truly thankful for all she has done and continues to do for me, my kids, and our family as a whole.

  • I'm thankful for my friend, Lana, who just this week was kind enough to send some stationery business my way.

  • I'm thankful for my mom, who took care of baby girl this week while I was tending to some business with the middle boy. I hated to leave her, with a fever, and so sickly....I like to be the one taking care of them when illness befalls them. However, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that she would be very well taken care of, even if I was many miles away.

Are you joining us with H3 this month? It's a real blessing to me, and I bet you'd enjoy it too, even if only for this month. This month of thankfulness. We all have much to be thankful for....too much to ever be able to list. I may not always list all of mine here each day this month, but I'm keeping them written on our H3 verse card I mailed out to those I know who are participating. And if you didn't receive one and are participating, please email me .... bowlingfamilymoments@yahoo.com.

I better run....nice weather outside this Saturday...about to go enjoy it with the family!!

Have a super weekend!

1 comment:

Lana said...

I continue to be thankful to be part of the clan....

Love you,
Lana