Oh, we've been busy busy busy here at the House of Bowling. It is, THAT TIME OF YEAR, AGAIN. We love the Christmas Season. We've been decorating and baking and circling items in any wish book or toy catalog that comes our way. Did you love the SEARS wishbook when you were younger? I did. And it doubled as a booster seat. Quite handy.
Anyway, Baby Girl is still sickly....please take a minute to say a little prayer for her. She's sort of been on lock down....alternating from our bed to Granny's couch for a change of scenery, for the past 8 days. She'll perk up for a few hours, 1/2 a day tops, and then in the night arrives the round of low grade fever, water necessities for the dry mouth, followed by sweet tea or 7-up with ice, and repetitive wee morning chats about aches. One night while moaning and groaning, we asked what hurt...."my head, my stomach and my ankles". There have been many a fitful night of sleep lately....and we all feel like a big Mack truck has ran us slap over by sunrise.
Last night, Baby Girl and I were in the bed alone......she spent much of the night tapping me on my shoulders or pecking my arm....I would startle awake and say "hey, baby girl, is something wrong?"....."no, mama, I was just checking to see if you were there".
I'm here Baby Girl, and I'm not going anywhere. Now or ever. Even when you turn 17 and you wish I would....I'm not.
I'll have pics to post later of a time yesterday when everyone felt spry and we made Gingerbread trees. But for now, I'm busy relishing in these fall days, football in the backyard, turkey in the oven, cider in the crockpot, and twinkling lights on the tree. It just doesn't get much better than this.
I'm LOVING this school fall break....enjoying these family moments during this holiday time.
I am thankful.....my heart is full.
4 comments:
I hope TB gets better and soon. No fun having a sickly kid. But at least you can have fun with the kiddos this week while they are out of school.
Hoping TB gets better and gets to really enjoy her Fall Break! And please tell her, Mommy will always be there...especially when she's 17 :) I love ya'll bunches and hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!
Get better soon, Tyner Beth. Bless her heart!
Hope she's better real soon and it doesn't spread thru "The House of Bowling". Love ya'll, Happy Thanksgiving!!:)
Post a Comment