Monday, November 30, 2009
H3 readers....and anyone else who joined us for this month of THANKS.
Hi y'all. Oh my, it's been a busy busy Thanksgiving/Fall break week. We enjoyed every minute, but I'm almost, almost, thankful to be back on a schedule of some kind.....especially with eating. I don't care to see another corn pudding, pecan pie or sweet potato casserole for at least 5 days. HA!
I certainly hope all of you had a great time with your family and friends this Thanksgiving season. It has been a great month, aside from all the sickness in my Baby Girl. She has been sickly, literally for an entire month, beginning with a positive strep test on November 3rd. And she is still not completely well....we have an appointment later today with the pediatrician. Maybe I can give you an update soon. Now we are dealing with a rash and fatigue.
But even in these times, I have given thanks. Because HE deserves it. HE deserves far more praise than I have offered. Even this month when I have been even more focused than ever to stop and thank Him......I still come up so short. But I am thankful He doesn't measure me with the same stick the devil tries to impart. I am thankful HE always forgives, HE continues to bless, HE will forever love me.....not because of anything I do, but because of all HIS SON did so long ago.
We began our month of thanks....and it's hard to believe the month has already passed. To any who have sent me an email stating they were participating in the H3 scripture memorization (and I encourage any who read this and are tempted to begin, please do, it's been a blessing for many of us---don't wait, email (bowlingfamilymoments@yahoo.com) and let me know, please) --anyway, all of those already enlisted receive a little verse reminder by mail from me each month. This month you received the bookmark like card in the photo atop this post. On the back of it was a small space for listing something each day of November for which you were thankful. No matter how big or small. I tried to pick unique things each day, those things I don't normally stop and take the time to really thank Him. Don't laugh at my thankful thoughts....I do love a good cheese ring, and SEC football, and local owned gas stations....to me, they are all part of HIS many blessings. Everything we have, do or say can be a blessing from him if used in the proper way.
Obviously I took this picture before I have completed my thoughts. That's me....I've yet to sit down to fill out those last 3 days. But I know what they are and just in case you are wondering...28--Dad's chicken on the grill (so tasty), 29--toothpaste (this will be an H3 post and verse one month next year, but I can't give it away just yet), 30--I'm praying for answers to Baby Girl's sickness. I'm thankful God knows the answers whether he decides to show them to me or not. And today I am also thankful for a praise report for a dear friend's son (Hi Nola).
I am completely amazed as always by our wonderful Lord. He makes me smile. I am so thankful for all of you who are joining me in this journey. Are you having as much fun as I am? Are you feeling closer to the ONE who matters? Are you learning from His word? Is your heart feeling happy with these few words that mean so much to your soul? Thank you again, for your friendship, your calls, your comments, your texts, your emails, your smiles, your hugs, your kind words in passing.
So, one last time....say it with me...I know you have it hidden in your heart:
"Enter his gates with THANKSGIVING and his courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name" ~Psalm 100:4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have loved this. I am so thankful. Yes I feel closer to Him, and (I am so excited about this...) I see my family closer to Him from just stopping to think daily about His blessings. The day MeiMei said "I am thankful for babies" and Joshua wrote" I am thankful the nat of amar ecuns helped the pilgrums". We all can't wait for December's verse!!!kporter
I haved loved this too! It is too easy to take all of our blessings for granted and when we truly focus on them and Him we can see how His love and blessings are evident in our lives. I think I can cover this whole past week, month, year and then some with ways I am thankful for Him with a single incident involving one of my children. He was with us and Dawson in ways that truly amaze me. I am also very thankful for such wonderful friends like you and all the prayer warriors who prayed for Dawson this week.
Post a Comment