An octopus may be highly intelligent, when speaking of invertabrates, but I don't think they will win "Miss Sea Creature 2009" any day soon.
I mean, really? They do not resemble those pretty purple and pink cartoon appearances, whatsoever.
In fact, at times, you could just say they are plain ugly. However, watch a few videos of these amazing cephalopods, and you'll see the beauty that lies in their Maker's ability to create them with such unique abilities.
However, their most incredible defensive feat to me, is their uncanny ability to camouflage. And I mean they can camouflage to match any surrounding....color and texture!!!
You heard me correctly....not only can they change their colors, they can also make their "skin" have a bumpy or spiky appearance to match it's surroundings for an even better disguise. It is unbelievable to watch.
And I'm sorry if y'all are sick of Dauphin Island class lectures.....but we love science around the House of Bowling. Bear with me...it's almost over. :)
Have a great weekend!!
3 comments:
Fascinating! I can't wait for your next field trip!
You could be the Mrs. Frizzle of Fayette County.
Mrs. Kimberly takes and the ..... the possibilities are ENDLESS!!
Okay, you convinced me....going to look at You Tube and that should convince you that we like your field trip posts.
W. O. W. !!!
Post a Comment