Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Return Investment could be astronomical....

So, I've never been more thankful for "scheduled posts". I couldn't have put two words together the last two days even if I tried.....not that it's much different from other 24 hour periods in my life.

The point is I've been taking care of the infirmed here at House of Bowling. As of now, I have two patient beds going....a husband on the 2nd floor, room 3B, and the eldest son on the 1st floor, room 1A. The boy child is with his mama because he is my baby and I must pamper him......plus in all honesty, he's the sicker of the two. Plus I'm tired of going up the stairs so much during the day....I tried making an entire sleeve of crackers fit in one small bowl so that I wouldn't have to return until nightfall.....but I felt sorry for the patient in 3B, so I took some peeled orange slices on a return trip.

Okay, I'll come clean....the second time, I just sent them back up with a healthy child. But as God as my witness, their was a lot of love in that bowl of Vitamin C.

At any rate....with my Florence Nightengale skills, I am predicting that we may be past the worst of it. That coupled with the fact that I have been sticking a thermometer in patient 1A's mouth repeatedly for the last 72 hours and it is finally reading below 100.


I feel as though the entire infirmary would still deeply appreciate any prayers you can spare. As well as any extra flu vaccines you have lying around. Or if you would like to contribute a bottle of ginger ale, sprite, 7-up or gatorade to the hospital pantry.

I'm thinking of taking my wad of savings and either throwing it all down on BLACK, (who wants to join me on an overnight trip to Vegas???) or buying stock in Saltines, Sprite and Lysol.

Baby girl came upstairs tonight and said...."ummmmm....I just love the smell of that spray stuff, mama."

Good thing, baby girl. We may be bathing in it before the week is out.

3 comments:

Barbara Chambers said...

Oh Kimberly, I'm so there with you in Vegas. I need a break and I can't think of anything more fun. Tell me when.

Kim Lawson said...

So, so sorry to hear about the illness in the House of Bowling!! Speaking from experience of just a week ago, I understand completely!! Hope all is well very soon and hope it doesn't travel to the entire Bowling clan!

kimberly t. bowling said...

OH....hey BARBARA!!!! So glad to
"hear" from you! That Bentley is wonderful, has anyone ever told you that???? :)

And concerning Vegas...the only time I've actually been was back when McCartney took us!!

We may have to set our sights a little lower, like meet in the middle at the BINGO halls on highway 78??? :)

Love and miss you!!