Several kids were stung, although none terribly severe, thankfully. However, these jellies were not like the MICROSCOPIC one Walt had found in his petri dish after the plankton hunt.
They were much, much larger. Visible to the naked eye.....from 30 feet away!! :) I tried to get a couple of shots to show you the size of these guys.....
In reference to a small seashell like the ones we all pick up along the shoreline....
And here...your reference point is our fearless Jellyfish Catchers hand.....
- How about a little show and tell photo version of catching the jelly.....shall we???
Take the bucket, and go out into the ocean where a couple dozen kids are standing around shouting "THERE'S ANOTHER JELLYFISH!!! COME HERE MR. JELLYFISH CATCHER AND RETRIEVE IT FOR US IMMEDIATELY."
- And thus the catcher will come and scoop up the jelly, while the other few dozen children on the sand scream with delight.....Woo-Hoo....they get to bury another jelly!!! What fun.
Look at those lovely tentacles sliming their way out of the bucket.....prepare to meet your doom.
You know, it's not nice to sting others. It's not nice at all. Too bad you had to learn that lesson the hard way, my planktonic friend.
4 comments:
The gulf is full of Jellyfish...totally creep me out! From the time I lived in Gulf Shores, I don't think I went in the ocean once...not once!
Those things were huge. Those tentacles could have wrapped some of those little children and carried them back into the ocean. Good thing someone brought the official jelly fish catching bucket!
Jelly fish.......gives me a shiver looking at them.
Funny thing while we were at Gulf Shores this summer. Jelly fish were everywhere but they did not sting. I bet the kids buried a 100 or more jelly fish but they still couldn't get me to touch one.
Ouch! We swam with stingrays in Caymen that weren't much larger than those creatures.
Post a Comment