"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. " ~~ Micah 6:8
- And now you are saying....What?
- Where'd you find that verse?
- What does it have to do with anything?
- Why is it relevant in your life?
- Who in the world even reads the book of Micah??? :)
My Grandfather stood one night and recited that verse at his church.
I've been thinking about it a lot the last few months.
It's not one you hear a lot, not one that's analyzed and spoken in Sunday sermons very often.
But it's stuck with me....because of PawPaw.
I miss him. He was such a loving, good-hearted man. He was an inspiring Christian to many, myself included. Sure he had his flaws....but I ask you, who doesn't?
My point exactly.
I love to memorize scriptures, although I haven't MADE time to do it recently. I dug this one out because I want to get back on track. Care to join me? Scriptures are at the very essence of our daily time with the Lord....for me, they always speak directly to something right at that moment in my life. I continue to be amazed at how the Lord knows exactly when, where and what I need to hear, through the good, bad and ugly.
And believe me, HE's had his work cut out on me several times through the ugly spots.
I miss my grandfather. I see a TON of him in my Dad....especially when he's talking to TB. My PawPaw would have adored her, made her feel as though everything she said or did was the best in the world.....just as he did me. He was an outstanding Grandparent. He was the best PawPaw, ever.
Apparently he did a lot of reading in Micah....he wasn't scared to look at those books tucked away deep in the Old Testament and learn from them.
I want to be more like him.
But most importantly, I want to be more like HIM. Growing in HIM daily. Listening to the words written in Micah.....
......Acting Justly, Loving Kindness, and Walking humbly with HIM more.
Because that's really what was most important in my PawPaw's heart....making sure we saw more of HIM and less of him. And for that little lesson, I am forever grateful.
4 comments:
How proud he would be if he could read this post!
You are truly a blessing too me. I needed that verse today. T5
I would love to join you in scripture memorization. Could you make it part of your blog? tips...ideas...discussion...etc
Kim Porter
Remembering these kinds of things about the ones we miss most is what it's all about in a way: to leave a legacy that will inspire and encourage others way after we're all gone, especially the memories that leave a path to the Lord!
Post a Comment