Monday, September 14, 2009

It's another AU recap....complete with my own color commentary.

  • If I were to take a poll, this guy may very well be named the cutest little Auburn man around.....even while sporting the Spurrier visor look. Oh, yeah, it was a HAD TO HAVE purchase of the day. If the concession stand runs every quarter don't require me to take out a loan one day soon, the merchandise at the underarmour tents on campus definitely will!!! We spent yet another lovely Saturday on the plains. Y'all....it's hard for me to even describe how much I love Auburn. The football games are only a mere part of it.....though it is a big part, seeing as that is where I met my husband, the fantastic father of my children.

    So it's no wonder I enjoy Saturdays in the fall so much. The weather this past weekend was perfect fall at it's best. Have I ever mentioned how much I love night games??? Oh, I do. They are the absolute best....cool, crisp evenings spent in the stadium, cheering on the tigers....now that's heaven on earth if you ask me.

    If you add in a win, that is.

    And that's exactly what we did this week!! Man, that was a great game. Of course I've already shown you my favorite photo in the post below. The flight of the eagle....seriously, it brought tears to my eyes when they released the blanket and the eagle took off flying with red, white and blue flowing along behind.

    However, here are a few more faves from Saturday in Auburn.

    No, he's not doing the Hokey Pokey.....That, my dear football fans is a WALK-ON who came up with a big play and a great catch for the Tigers on Saturday.

    Jay Wisner is his name.
    WALK-ON is his game.


Way to go....Jay. Here's to Walk-Ons everywhere.


I now break into this blog publication for a little cheer from the sideline squad:

Chris Todd, Chris Todd....he's our man, if he can't do it.....



......Kodi Burns can!!
Seriously....they both played excellently. Chris Todd is doing a fab job as quarterback, and Kodi Burns is one of the most selfless players I've seen in a long while.


And boys and girls....what about that freshman running back....#23 McCaleb? He's looks to be only as tall as me....but he's a lot faster. I mean I haven't raced him in the 50 yard dash or anything, but he seems to be really quick on his feet, even with big burly football men barreling towards him for a tackle.


Come to think of it....I might run a quicker speed myself if I looked and saw those same guys coming at me.


"Hey little man....you did good. Nice touchdown. Now run on ahead and get us lineman some gatorade...you little freshman pipsqueak."



Now I'm breaking in with this (non) paid advertisement from a local sponsor:


What about this pic, there's a story behind it. A fellow blog friend, Michele, recently stated that her kiddos refer to Auburn's new head football coach, Gene Chizik as "Coach Cheez-it".


I just about fell out of section 7, early Saturday evening, when Aubie came around with this gear on.....

He's dressed as Coach Chizik...passing out "CHIZ-IKS"....throwing bags of "cheez-its" into the crowd!! TOO FUNNY!! LOVE IT! I know, I am easily amused. Hope you and the girls get a chuckle, Michele.


And finally...here's a public service announcement for all you Seniors out there:

  • DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT wear your hat like shown below....sitting 4 inches atop his head of hair. Pull that baby on down, Gramps. I don't care what the local leader at the AARP does, it is not a fashion statement.



So there you go....hope you enjoyed another visit to Jordan Hare Stadium, home of the AUBURN tigers!! Please send concession money to the will-call booth. Put it under the code name "Cheez-it" fan. And don't forget to look for the guy in the big plastic blue cap on a row in front of you next Saturday!! Then spend the rest of the first half trying to see around his head.....

I know I'm boring y'all with football stuff.....but I love it. I don't always understand it....and T-5 makes fun of me, but I still love it. Just bear with me...even you Bama fans. Good Monday morning, y'all.

2 comments:

hicksfamilycircus said...

You know I understand and you never bore me with this stuff. I've got to catch up myself on my AU posts. I couldn't agree with ya more on ally your recapping of the game. What about some McCaleb?! AND of coarse I love the Chiz-it picture. My girles loved it too!!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Glad the girls liked the photo!!!

McCaleb is doing great...as is Kodi Burns and Chris Todd...I just pray they can all stay healthy throughout the season. I think it's so funny how little McCaleb looks in that one photo...
WAR EAGLE!