We certainly didn't want to miss the opening game of the season, especially under our new Coach (who happens to be pictured in the post below this one, with my son and nephew at AU football camp this summer).
But really, who am I kidding, it doesn't have to be the season opener, or a new coach, or even football season for that matter.....if somebody says "road trip to Auburn"......I'm all over it! You can count me in.....so be careful about mentioning it around me....otherwise I'll be calling shotgun! :)
Back to the day at hand....we had a blast, as usual. And I only almost had a heart attack once.
It happened in the 3rd quarter when one kid returned from the concession stand to say the other kid needed 4 more dollars (after being given a $20).....I thought right then and there we might have to pawn the car title just to get a pretzel and coke. :)
However, we were able to feed everyone a snack, remain hydrated with fluids, and even return home with the same 3 kids we left with....plus, our TIGERS pulled out a big victory, after a shaky first half, I even managed to get a few pics from the game play to share with you, and we were able to see LOTS of family and friends at the game!!
I'd call that a GREAT day on the Plains, in God's Country.

- Here's a sideline shot for you:
How cool are you when the trainers come and don't hand you a bottle of water, but squirt it in your mouth for you???
And from time to time during the season, because I think I'm close enough to hear them, I try to give you a little listen inside the conversations of the sidelines....
- "Hey, Chris Todd, what were you saying to me?"
- "Man, I just think if you were to get a little trimmed off the top, you'd be faster. That's all, I'm sayin'....your hair may be holding you back, weighing you down...."
(Also, if you are a fan of the morning radio show, Rick and Bubba, based out of Birmingham--- please notice in the photo above....I think #63 sitting on the bench is Rick's son)
How about #44, Ben Tate? That boy can run.
And how much fun is it to run into friends and family? The love of Auburn brings lots of smiles....
with sweet Caroline... 
two cousins who share the same name.....(isn't he just the cutest? and he was celebrating his 19th birthday! Happy Birthday--War Eagle!--we love you!)

And another cousin, Jenn....who also blogs. She's a real sweetheart, wish our visit wasn't so short, but glad to get a quick hug before kick-off.

14 comments:
Of coarse I'm loving this post. Looks like you guys had an excellent day. Maybe we'll see ya next time. We had an excellent time in God's Country too!! Love the pictures and the "commentary" from the sidelines. Too funny. I'll get my post up soon. WAR EAGLE!!
It was so great to see yall! Wish it could've been for longer! Come back down soon. War Eagle! love you.
Really cute kids in that orange and blue.
From your crimson and white Joy
As hard as it was to look at this because of all the Orange and Blue, I enjoyed reading about your adventures. Glad a fun time was had by all. AND especially glad that you didn't have to pawn one of the kids in order to pay for the purchases at the concession stand!!
RTR
I am so disappointed we didn't get to meet up with you and the family to say hello. Please let me know when you are coming to another game. I am going to send you my cell under separate email. I want you to meet Evan so bad and I'm so anxious to meet your family in person. I feel like I already know so much about them.
Glad you had such a good time. Auburn truly is God's country! Ben and I went for a walk on campus this morning and it just made me smile. I so love it there.
War Eagle! I loved this post!
Hey! Wasn't that a great game! I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Tigers played!!
I live in "north" AL in the Decatur area...born and raised here.
Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog during the Diptacular!
Have you ever heard the phrase, "Aspire to inspire before you expire?" Girl that's exactly what you do and I think you do it so effortlessly. I applaude you. Now, changing the subject, we want a logo for the dessert box and thought you might have some ideas. Think about it and get back with me or email. God smiles when He looks at you cause He smiles through me. I also like to think the same of my kids and grandkids and I know for a fact that I'm prejudice. Don't you just love how I can't stick to the same subject for long? Chat later Zelda
Great pics of you and the family, even if ya'll are wearing blue and orange!
Such Cute pictures!!!!
But you know what I have to say today:
GO HOGS BEAT AUBURN!!!!!! :-)
You have such a beautiful family! We have some dear friends back home that are huge Auburn fans, this makes me miss them!
I love trips to Auburn too! I wish I could move back there tomorrow.
So cute! War Eagle!
Your commentary is great- I truly believe that's what those boys were saying on the field! War Eagle!
That last picture is awfully cute
Post a Comment