Thursday, September 03, 2009

I was a cheerleader....we didn't have to know about lining up at X or Y, we just had to know if our team was playing defense or offense.

But now, I have a little athlete on the field. I guess I should start paying attention a little better than I did while on the Rah-Rah Squad.

Well, let me introduce you:


#26 in your program, but #1 in your heart......
And this, boys and girls, is his FIRST ever play on the field of football. His first ever play of his career.....assuming he survives and intends to continue playing this sport for the next 6 years. :)

So, when he's 18, or 28, or 42 or 65 and he wants to dive in to telling all his grandchildren about back in the "good old days when I played football".....well, I have a pic to start him off directly from the beginning.

Of course, he may not care to show off these FIRST EVER HOT OFF THE PRESS photos.....as they don't show much action, on the part of him. But never fear...he's learning. And before long, who knows, scouts may be knocking on the door of the old blog wanting to talk to his agent.

Until then....his mama will just keep snapping away. She has no clue what he's doing, but enjoys immensely the smile he gets when he talks about playing. And because the love of football is in our whole family...we just get a kick out of seeing him take the field. Even for 4 plays.

Even when he's the little 92 pounder in the center of a photo checking out the pile of players before him:



And here's a good shot of my little man with his best friend, J. Seriously....they became buds in Kindergarten.....should they really be on a High School football field or shouldn't they still be just taking a break on a napmat after signing the ABC song?

OK. So, maybe every week I won't bore you with a bunch of nonsense photos of football, that I have not the knowledge to tell you if the guys are playing wheel linebacker or wide receiver. But you better bet, if I do get a good shot of that sweet boy of mine, I will post it. And I'll promptly call his Dad or the coach and ask them to explain what he's doing so that I can tell you all! :)


  • However, these next photos, I do not need any help with explaining.

    She's training to be a future cheerleader.

She has no idea what lining up in X or Y means.
And I am fairly certain she never will.
However, I'll make sure she understands when we have the ball, that means it's time to do...
  • "T-D we want a TOUCH-DOWN"
Congrats to the Junior High team for their win earlier this week!
Victorious....not a bad way to start off.

3 comments:

ChrisJean3 said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Don't forget...cheerleading wasn't about just offense and defense...but the cute little outfits we got to wear!! lol

Joy said...

I was never sure if any of you knew when it was offense or defense. Especially since sometimes your "leader" struggled with it herself.
Love the football pictures.

Lana said...

WOW!! I'm glad he was watching the people in the pile and not IN the pile!!

I said to a friend the other day, "glad my kids are in the band, otherwise I would have to carry a throw-up bag to the games!! Probably wouldn't be a cool mom if that happened!!

Glad to see the pictures!!

And yes, cute outfits=cheerleading!!

What night does the JV team play?