Sunday, September 13, 2009

The flight of the eagle...it just doesn't get any better than this.

One of my favorite pictures from the weekend and I had to share it with you.

Sure it's an Auburn tradition---watching the eagle take flight from the upper deck ramp, cicle the stadium, and then land gracefully at center field...all the while, 85,000 of your closest Auburn family are yelling WARRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE!!

Saturday night, moments before kickoff began, Spirit (that's the Eagle's name), came out decked with red, white and blue streamers attached to him that looked gorgeous during flight. A really special touch of patriotism.

No matter who you root for in the SEC, or on any college football field, I think we could all agree on the beauty this beholds.....


11 comments:

Joy said...

Eagles are indeed beautiful in flight. Great picture

Lana said...

Great picture, All-star! Love it and you! Would love to get your uncle a copy. You know how much he loves Eagles!!

Lana

hicksfamilycircus said...

No matter what school you prefer, this is an amazing sight and gives me chills everytime! It's not just the beauty of the eagle, it's the meaning and the spirit of it all. This particular week was in honor of 9/11!! So touching. GREAT job on the picture. Would love you to email me a copy if you don't mind!!! War Eagle girl!

Jennifer Simpson said...

I thought the first week couldn't be topped (as I was about to have a heart attack!) but when I saw our nation's colors and that beautiful eagle take flight, I couldn't help the lump in my throat. Feels good to be free, doesnt it?

Courtney said...

My husband is an Aubie! He graduated in 1997. I am from "that school on the other side of the state". But every year he drags me on at least 1 pilgrimage to the Motherland. I have to admit that I actually prefer tailgating in AU. Especially with kids! My kids LOVE to watch Spirit fly around and land on the AU! Great memories!

Jennie said...

That's one of my favorite AU traditions, as well. It's just beautiful. WAR EAGLE!

Heather said...

Agreed!!! Great picture!

Kelsey712 said...

I went to a Tennessee Titans football game and they did this with an Eagle during the star spangled banner (sang by Big N Rich). I had tears running down my face. I'm pretty sure that my husband thought I was insane but I really cried like a baby. It was AWESOME!

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

My favorite part of going to the games is seeing the eagle fly! WAR EAGLE!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a cute blog and a great pictures..Love it....

Had a few minutes to blog hop and loved your blog. I have a great giveaway on both my blogs that will be given away this weekend....and all you have to do is comment.......so hope you will stop by.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

MomMom said...

Great picture of our eagle!!! How are you getting such good close up pictures? I use my zoom and the pictures end up blurred!! I am enjoying your Auburn pictures. War Eagle!!