Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cooking Camp...grape salad.

It is delicious, and obviously begins with a "bunch" of these. :)


These lovely grape pickers....they may get a job at a winery one day....which would mean free wine for their Mom. I'm training them well. I know.


Look, let me put this disclaimer out there real quick, like before you go any further, quick.

Grape salad....may sound a bit misleading. Grapes are a fruit and salads are supposed to be "healthy", right???

However, this grape salad recipe is not for those interested in "healthy" fare.

It is not for the faint of heart.
It is not for those intending to lose weight.
In fact, we made it almost weekly this summer at the house of Bowling because there were children in the family who needed to GAIN weight and eat HIGH CALORIE, HIGH FAT foods to give energy to their body to heal their broken femur!!!

We actually made this to accompany our supper on the first night back to school! A little celebration of sorts....remember, I had a child cross over into HIGH SCHOOL-VILLE.

However, some members of the family couldn't participate in cooking camp for the evening, even though they love helping in the kitchen....it appeared the first day of 3rd grade had kicked their tail.

Of course that's exactly how I rest after a long, exhausting day.....with my leg propped on the table, head resting on my knee.

Okay, you got me. That was a lie. I'm not sure I can even raise my leg as high as the table.......

Back to the grape salad extravaganza.....

It's about to get good, look we've added in the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk....mmmmmm, yummy....plus we are even adding in the pecans. After we take out some of the mixture for those who don't enjoy nuts.

Which at our house would include that flexible, little, tired, pig-tail wearing school girl.


Look, I know I say this every time we have a cooking camp post, but seriously, it's delicious. Obviously we wouldn't put recipes on our recipe blog, or talk about them here if it weren't something that your mouth would want to shout, THANK YOU.

So, here's to grape salad....it always makes my kid's mouths say, thank you.

Now if only they can learn to say it without spitting food particles across the supper table.....that would be real nice.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Poor baby, I think she should drop out and just be an all-star gymnast!

and the grape salad is one of my personal favs!