Sunday, February 28, 2010

I finished a 5K.

I thought it best not to lie by creating a title that said "I ran a 5K". 

But who knows, one day I might just be able to type that title as certain truth.

I did manage to complete a 5K on Friday. It was something on my little "life to do list". 

And I'd like to report that my time was a personal best.  40 minutes. I'd really also like to say it was more along the lines of 39 minutes and 52 seconds. Because really 39:52 sounds and looks so much better. But sadly, they had already removed the timer by the time I crossed the finish line.  Military folks. They are quick. And orderly. And they can run fast, without even breathing heavy, for a long time. 

Anyway, back to my personal best time. And we'll go with 39:52.  

Personal best because it is my only time on record.  As this was my first ever 5K.  First ever race.

Unless of course you count the 50 yard dash, on the playground back in 1979, when I totally smoked the other 2nd graders on that fateful day in May.

But I'm guessing that doesn't count.

At any rate, for this 5K,  I could only run in short little intervals, then walk in much longer intervals. In fact, I ran the first 1/2 mile and managed to stay with the "pack".....who later left me many blocks behind.  But I finished a darn 5K.....and I couldn't be happier. Except to report some other news about the 5K.

But that will be later.  After I can quit crying about how badly my upper thighs hurt. :)

3 comments:

Lana said...

Awesome!! I am very proud of you!

Kim Lawson said...

way to go!!

The Cannons said...

Great Job Girl!!