Thursday, February 11, 2010

Love hurts.

Mother Teresa said,

 "Love, to be real must cost! It must hurt! It must empty us of self!"

How true.  Have you ever experienced hurt from love? I have. Have you ever had a friend, co-worker, husband, or child betray you? Have you ever experienced loss, in a loved one's death, in financial security, in trust of a spouse?  What about those who are child barren, who are divorced, who are alone, who have had to sit and see their child experience a hurt? 

It hurts. Assuming we really have love for them in our hearts or for the situation being experienced, it hurts a lot

God's love for us is certainly real and God's love for us "hurts" sometimes too.

However, God's love didn't "cost" us anything.....unless we choose not to accept it.

Then it will cost us our eternity.

I don't know about you, but that's a price I am not willing to pay....I choose love.  Despite it's hurts.  I choose HIS love.   

No comments: