Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The pie they will serve in Heaven, if you want my opinion. :)


The "it" I talked about in the post below is this -- Banana Split Pie.  And in the last 10 days, we've made this recipe 3 times.  And I still don't have any pie left. First we made it for fellowship lunch at Church, a few days later we made it because folks were coming over for dinner, then about a week had passed so we made it because, well, frankly because we didn't get our fill of it to begin with since everyone else kept eating the whole pie!! :)

As it turns out, Elder Boy has a big slab in the afternoons as his after school snack.  And by big slab, I mean he takes about 1/4th of the pie.  Or if only say a 1/3rd is left in the pie plate itself, he has been known to hunker down at the bar with just a fork and not bother with dirtying a new plate. :) Boys....once they reach a certain age they really do eat like a horse. I'm not sure exactly how much a horse eats...but I am assuming it's alot. :) 

Banana Split Pie....I'm telling you right now you should fix yourself one....and soon.  I'll try to get our recipe posted on our recipe blog today as well. 

1 comment:

Barbara Chambers said...

Thanks Kimberly. Get it posted. I used to make this(I think) maybe 35 years ago. That's right, 35 years ago. Argh!!! I can't be that old. Love you girl. Barbara