Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Short and Sweet

Okay, it's almost the 3rd of the month and if you are participating in our H3 group (Hiding His words in your Heart) then you know what that means.  Yep, a new verse will be here tomorrow.  A short and sweet verse.  A verse ANYONE can memorize.  So, why don't you join us??? 

One of the lovely ladies in our H3 group sent me a message last week that said, while she had really enjoyed all the verses, and had gotten something from each one, every month, she certainly liked the shorter verse we had this month of January.  As she said, "this old grey mare's" brain isn't as good as it used to be......

I put a lot of time, thought and prayer into the verse choice each month.  I always have good intentions of having the verse picked out and our scripture cards made and ready to mail long before the 3rd arrives....and each month those intentions never pan out quite like I thought they would.  I change my mind about a verse, I go in a completely different direction, or sometimes, the 3rd just sneaks up on me even though I know it comes right after the 2nd day of every month, all year long. :) 

I did waiver about this month's verse. I went back and forth with many verses, one of which I had already saved months ago here on the blog to post this month, but changed my mind just a couple of weeks back.  Obviously, I often like to attach some meaning from the month itself to the verse we will be learning. It's just an easier way to help my personal "old grey mare's" brain hold on to the words better! 

At any rate, the verse this month is short.  Very short.  It is only 6 words.  But rest assured they are 6 very powerful words. And the challenge that I will give you, that goes along with those 6 sweet words,  will prove to be powerful as well. Not just to you, but everyone you encounter.  It's going to be the easiest memorization you've ever had. But don't be fooled into thinking I'm going to take it this easy on you all the time.....we'll be seeing some longer verses in the future.  Nothing you can't handle, so why not join us??

1 comment:

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

Looking forward to seeing what the verse will be. During our moving at the beginning of the month, I hadn't received my little card (with the verse so beautifully on it...as you always do) and although I knew what the verse was, I was lost without my card! See, when the card arrives I place it in a spot that I see every morning and all throughout the day. Each time I pass it, I stop and say the verse. When a new card arrives, the previous month's card is placed in another location where sometime throughout the day I will come in and make contact with it, review it and place it on my heart too.
No one has an excuse that they aren't involved with the Bible daily now (I know before we started this, I had good intentions, but my Bible didn't get opened everyday)So far, I am coming in contact with four special verses each day. Thank you for being so dedicated to this project, we love you for helping us have a closer relationship with God.