Friday, May 01, 2009

I can see the headlines now......

  • SWINE FLU TO BLAME FOR WEIGHT GAIN

Seriously......I felt so sorry after I read a statement from a Des Moines, Iowa pig farmer (because the pig farmers are taking a serious cut in the pocketbook for this newsreel drama)......anyway, I went to the grocery store. And guess what? I loaded up one of every kind of pork meat they were selling back at the butcher counter.

I bought bacon, sausage, pork chops, and hot dogs (although I think they may have a few more additives that just pork products). And I just finished making sausage delights for Tyner Beth as an afternoon snack. And I'm planning to have the kids help cook, Pork Chops with apples, from our recipe blog, to serve for supper.

I'm trying to do my part in helping save the farmers of America.....or at least that little fellow in Iowa. I may protest downtown next week with a sign that says "EAT MORE SWINE". Or at the very least write my congressman and tell him to change the name to "coyote flu". That seems pretty harmless.....no one eats coyotes, do they? No one has a coyote farm, do they? Coyotes are not domestic pets, are they?

So there. Name problem, flu epidemic, solved. Call me politically incorrect, if you must.....but that's me....just your average wife and mother, promoting world peace while eating a bacon biscuit. So, who's with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're with you; we had sausage at Panera Bread this morning and pork chops for dinner tonight.