Inside was a nice note from my cousin, Carla. Who just so happened to be blessed with being my roommate for a couple of years while at Auburn. Okay, okay, maybe being "blessed" is a stretch.....as I was ever so thrilled to have her live with me, it probably wasn't as evident as I would have liked it to have been.
All my life, I've been the baby and grandbaby of the family. Older siblings, older cousins on both sides. I'm not saying I had to suffer through this rite of passage, being the baby wasn't so bad. :) But I always yearned to see what it felt like to be older than someone else, you know, to get to be the BOSS of them.
This is where Carla comes into my scenario of life supervision. Poor Carla. I loved her like the little sister I never had......which at times, probably was more than she bargained for!! :)
Anyway, in her lovely letter, she mentioned being in Auburn over the weekend and was thinking of us. She even talked about how she enjoyed reading our blog and staying caught up with all things family. So, for a brief moment in time, I thought.......hmmm, maybe she read this post concerning my need for a new fancy iron. And she's searched the world over until she found me the ultimate in pressed clothing duties---an AU collegiate iron that plays the fight song when you press the steam button.
Then I realized that the package was entirely too light for that product. But was instantly delighted when I pulled this out:
Of course, Carla did mention that I had to share it with the little miss in the house. She wrote something about the fact that with her being in gymnastics and all, blah, blah, blah. Whatever. I'll let her wear it around the house while I'm in the shower, maybe. But that sucker is mine. The package was addressed to me, and that's the way it is. Because this time around, I'm not just playing around....I am the boss.
It's one of those perks of having the title, Mom.
Carla, please accept this as my horrid example of a thank you. And I hope to get a real one in the mail to you very soon. In an attempt to stay in your good graces. So that if, with your keen eyes, you ever come across that War Eagle iron, you'll ship it to me, ASAP. :) But until then, I guess I will just have to keep pressing the dewrinkle button on the dryer.
14 comments:
Tyner Beth probably will not want to wear that Auburn cap! She is gonna be Bama's #1 gymnast and possibly go on to win Dancing with the Stars. And all of us will say, "We knew her when....."
First, GAG on Comment #1. (And I mean that in th emost sincere way possible.)
And ironing makes me madder than a wet hen. My clothes dry twice too...once when they're wet, and once before I wear them for the stingy wrinkles. :) I'm with ya!
Love the hat. Share with TB. WDE.
Jenn
First and foremost: WAR EAGLE TO YA! Doesn't getting it straight from the plains make it that much more special?! Love the Hat. Of coarse she'll be a gymnastic star no matter what when or where she goes to college. Have a great Memorial Day!!
Tyner Beth, I hope you get to be a gymnast where you to be. Of course, I would love for that to be at Alabama but I also would love for Josh to be a coach at Alabama. The Mother roars out fierce when someone wants your child and you can yell anything! Arkansas in any shape or form never crossed my mind but you had better believe I am all about some Muleriders!
ROLL TIDE!!!!! Everyone know that TB looks better in crimson and white than ORANGE!!!
YUCK
lana has a point... have her colors done by someone at mary kay. let mary kay be your guide.
I love when the comment section takes on a life of it's own!
AHHH...you "Bammers" are killing me!! I know that child bleeds orange and blue just like her mama and daddy! And her cousin Jenn! (But I love you fellow blog stalkers, you'll see the light one day.)
Technically, Jenn...
she REALLY does bleed CRIMSON!!
and furthermore, the LIGHT you are talking about is WHITE!!!
RTR
~Lana
Can I get an AMEN.....
AMEN!!!!!!!
TB no matter where you go, you will have a ton of supporters. You just keep doing what you do and continue making us all proud!
(However, my mother is the one that started this topic, and yes I do believe that TB being a Bama gymnast would be in her best interest, but I am about to bring to girls into a house divided, so I have a LONG road ahead. Someone once told me, no girl can ever be as beautiful in Orange as she can be in CRIMSON!)
You peeps are killin me! I'm laughin though.
Leave that poor girlie alone! TB herself once told me she was an Auburn fan, alabama fan & a LSU fan! Just give the kid her props for supporting the SEC!!
War Eagle!!!!!!
Seriously???? Carla...thanks for the hat...I should have stopped the story there, I guess.
I pour my heart out to you folks and never get this much attention on the comments section. ;)
There's nothing like the SEC, and I love it!! At least we can agree we're all Gator Haters? :)
See yall Nov. 27th.
Kimberly-
First, I'm thrilled that hat was a hit and second, thank you for your kind words. I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't have you for a big sister! Something I will always look back on as a highlight of my childhood and college years!
Its funny, when I saw that hat at Anders, I immediately thought either you or Tyner Best must have it. I don't doubt for a second that TB will be a fantastic collegiate gymnast...let's just hope its at the right school. I will nurture that decision from as far away as Atlanta if needed! War Eagle! ha!
Thanks again for the message-I'm truly touched!
Love, Carla
Love, C
Post a Comment