Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As promised, I present to you, egg toss '09.

What on earth could be more exciting than entering the raw egg toss, mid-afternoon, in the heat of the south in May? My thoughts, exactly.

But all three of my kids do it.....every single year. It must be some carry-over desire from our Easter Egg Battles . They each LOVE the egg toss. And amazingly, those darn eggs are pretty sturdy.

Why, they can even be thrown, dropped, and roll around on the field day lawn and still won't break. But in the end, a winner has to be determined.....so, after several minutes of hearing "take a big step back, and toss"..... when factoring in distance, pressure, heat, and a child's tight, gripping catch.....an eggshell, eventually, will break.

And the participants will be left with a gooey yolk mess, mid-afternoon, in the heat of the south in May. My thoughts, eggsactly.


Some serious cradling efforts were bestowed upon the egg during the catches.





The sweet declaration of another round of "take a step back and toss" victory.





Because I am a mind-reader....his thoughts:
"Please let him catch it. Please let him catch it. Please let him catch it."




Apparently, his partner caught it.
Or else he's trying out some new moves for breakdance class next week.



"Please let me catch it. Please let me catch it. Please let me catch it. "


Uh-oh.....the bitter, sticky, feel of gooey egg yolk defeat.

I'm contemplating entering next year....even though I'm not school age. Now, who wants to sign up to be my partner?

1 comment:

Kim Lawson said...

Oh, how that brings back memories! I always entered the egg toss on May Day! SO much fun!