Saturday, May 23, 2009

SATURDAY SHOWCASE......a graduation post.

I don't even really know what to say, other than this can't be my child. He isn't old enough to go to high school.

Just last week it felt like he was watching Clifford the big Red Dog movies....oh, wait, that was just last week. In the car, on the way to gymnastics, when Tyner Beth announced what DVD would grace the SUV.


  • Kudos to you, my dear son, for taking this milestone step with ease. And congratulations on your awards as well. We are especially proud of your Presidential award....given to those who have maintained a high grade point point average and scored high on the SAT's. (We are not as proud of the president's signature line. )

He's such a sweetheart. A fantastic big brother. And the best firstborn son a mom could ever hope to have. Sure, he's my learning curve...my first attempts at all things parenthood....but we gotta start somewhere! You make your Dad and I proud, daily. And the love we hold for you just keeps growing with every passing moment.

I am ever thankful that the Lord allowed me this gift, in you. This good work HE created, that we get to share in life with.......


......"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ." ~~Philippians 1:6

5 comments:

Lana said...

I am so proud of you Mr.Rivers Bowling.

HIGH SCHOOL!!!! WOW!!

I know that you are destined to do Great and Wonderful things in this world.

ALWAYS remember that I believe in you!!
~Aunt Lana

Lana said...

Kimbo.... I LOVE the Farrah Faucett hair.

Looks very becoming on you my friend.

LL

Joy said...

Rivers was at the pool yesterday and John said "Kim can't have one that big" and I said "Yes, and he goes to high school next year"! John just sighed.....

The Cannons said...

Congrats Rivers! I agree w/Lana, you're looking like one Hot Momma on that pic.

Courtney Long said...

congratulations, rivers! so funny.. i was thinking the same thing about your hair - very glam!