Hey there. I'm in the hospital room with my little blonde-headed cutie.....who has a broken leg.
Today, at 3 pm, was to begin "summer break" for the kids. Today, at 2 pm, Walt started it off with a real bang...and an actual "break". He was on the playground at school playing. While they were all playing and running, Walt fell, and another child fell on his leg. A simple accident that could have happened at anytime. I just happened to be at the school, as I was going to stop in to say good bye to their teachers and check them out early to go on home.
He was transported by ambulance to the hospital. I thought from the way he was acting, his hip was probably dislocated. In fact, the first text message I sent to family and friends said exactly that. I was wrong. X-rays confirmed that he had broken his femur bone. Snapped it right into. The femur bone. You know, the LONGEST, LARGEST, STRONGEST bone in your body. Yep, that's the one.
He was transported by ambulance again to a children's hospital so that we could have a pediatric orthopedic specialist perform his surgery. Which will begin in just a couple of hours. They will be placing two rods in his sweet little leg.
I would like to ask you to pray for my little man. My little man who has been the bravest soul I have ever seen. He has winced at the pain he feels every time they tug at his leg, move him from bed to bed, pull on his leg for x-rays and more x-rays, etc. etc. etc. He still hasn't cried with the exception at the very first moment of the accident. He has a broken femur bone. I would be screaming until they KNOCKED me out.
He has asked us lots of questions about the surgery. Obviously, he's pretty scared. So am I. I want to take his place. Because that's what moms do....they make the hurting stop. And I'm struggling with not being able to make the hurting stop right now.
He's keeping a great attitude. His doctors have all commented on how tough he must be. One called him very "stoic"---defined as...firmly restraining response to pain or distress.
I hope I grow up to be just like Walt someday.....stoic.
For now, I just pray his surgery goes smoothly. I pray for wisdom for the doctors, nurses and staff in the surgery room. I pray for his anesthesiologist and the measures they will have to take in preparation for the surgery. I pray for Temple and I to make the best decisions concerning his care and recovery.
But most importantly, I thank the Great Physician who is in charge of this all. Who was not caught sleeping while Walt played outside today. No, HE knew all along this would be part of HIS plan. Therefore, I am confident in knowing that HE will carry us through this phase of the plan.
But I still need you to pray. Now would be good. And thanks in advance....from the bottom of this mother's heart.
8 comments:
All of you are in my prayers, for Walt-for his pain to be lessened and a successful surgery and speedy recovery, for you and Temple-for strength. If you need ANYTHING, please let ME know. Love to you all!
Kids are so resilient and are the bravest little souls. I so understand how you feel right now, you feel helpless and out of control. Walt will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery and that all involved in his surgery are graced by the LORD above.
If you need anything I will be glad to help out. Take care.
We will be thinking of you and your family today. I'm sure Walt will do great with the surgery and recovery. I can't imagine what that must feel like. Poor Kid...and its summer! I totally understand how you feel and know that God will bring you the strength you need. God Bless all of you! I look forward to hearing about a speedy recovery. Take care.
P.S. This happened to a very dear friend of mine during spring semester in college. She was a majorette at AU. Anyway, Julie had the same type of surgery and recovered very quickly. So much so, that she was out on that field again by fall. Walt will do great! Don't worry-
"The LORD is my light and my salvation:whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life of whom shall I be afraid? Wait on the LORD, be of good courage and he shall strengthen thy heart; wait I say on the LORD.
Psalms 27:1, 14 Love and Prayers!
Each of you, including the medical staff, are in our thoughts and prayers!
So sorry this had to happen to you, Walt. We will pray for speedy recovery. You were in my thoughts all night.
We are thinking about you - last night and today. We are praying the surgery goes well. Please call if you need anything; we're close by. Love you!
Saying prayers for Walt, and all of you. I know your creative genes will kick in and make this a very fun summer for him, while he sports his Auburn Orange cast this summer(wink). Thinking of yall all day. Love you!
Post a Comment