My kids enjoyed some time with their "PawPaw", a few weekends back, helping plant the garden. Something, I'm certain, will become a complete lost art in their generation.
- And I am ever so thankful my Dad is still around to help teach them the finer side of using, and more importantly, feeling God's dirt.
I know I'm the baby of the family, but I think my Daddy's somebody real special. Maybe it's because the older I get, the more he reminds me of my PawPaw, his father. And that man, well, I thought he was more esteemed than Moses himself. In my eyes, as well as many others, there has never been a better man.
- I bet that's what my baby girl will say about her PawPaw one day too.
I read this quote and it certainly resounds truth to my ears:
"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." ~~Charles Wadsworth
My Daddy isn't always a man of many words. But even in his silence, he brings wisdom. I love him dearly.
- Happy 75th Birthday, Dad.....from your favorite child. :)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Chig!
Happy Birthday..... from your favorite adopted daughter, Jenny Bosarge a.k.a "Thibbadeaux"
Well one more similarity for the books for me and you girly. Your statement about your dad being a man of few words but so wise reminds me of my daddy. There's nothing like the love b/w a father and his daughter. Eat it up girl. Don't take a minute for granted. Love you.
Happy B-Day! I LOVE my Dad so much and it means so much to have him be here to enjoy life with the boys.
wow - 75 years?? no way papa chig is that old!! what a sweet man! love you!!
Post a Comment