Thursday, February 19, 2009

This little piggy cried WEE WEE WEE....all the way HOME!

  • Well, I did in fact break out of that prison.....they said no, but I ripped my IV out and said Watch me!
No, of course not. I follow the rules, most of the time. And I waited for the good doctor to come around and give the okie dokie. And I waited for the last of the antibiotics to swim into my veins. And had I known then, what I know now, I really would have squeezed every one of those little bags .... good to the last drop. In fact, when they took them off the hat rack pole, I would have taken scissors and cut them open and licked the inside clean. Why, you ask?

  • Because apparently, although the fluid in the bag was amber in color, I had no idea that it was PURE LIQUID GOLD dripping in my veins the last 4 days. You see, I came home with a prescription of oral tablets---tablet form of the very same liquid antibiotic I've been receiving intraveneously. One bottle of seven pills. I take one pill a day, for you guessed it, seven days. And guess what....each pill cost $14.

That, my friends, must mean that it was LIQUID GOLD.

  • So, I'm gonna rest. And then I'm gonna get up and rid my pantry of every stinking chicken broth can I find. So, don't come to my house being neighborly and asking to borrow a cup of chicken broth, because I WILL NOT HAVE ANY. And, furthermore, I will not share my liquid gold tablets with you either.

That's all. Carry on with your lives now. I'm fine. Tired, sore, weak, a little ache-y.....but fine, really. So, although I have a few stories still up my sleeve to tell you about.......I don't know when I'll get around to it. Lord, bless y'alls heart, you've read so many words in the last few days, you deserve a break. Or an award. Or a can of chicken broth.

  • I will tempt you with this little tidbit.......I scathed by without a room-mate in my semi-private room (which was supposed to be private, but, whatever, just give me the morphine and put me in a bed), every night I had my luxury suite all to myself......until the last night. And boy was that ever fun.

But that's another story, for another day. Talk to you all later! Thanks again for all the prayers. Your comments, calls, e-mails and texts have kept me alive. And they were a lot cheaper than the liquid gold. And I appreciate you for that. Blue Cross/Blue Shield thanks you as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Happy to hear you're feeling much better!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures from your exotic vacation!