- Would anyone be willing to donate me one of your kidneys? A healthy one? You know, you can live with only one kidney. In fact, if there are two of you, who love me enough, then we could knock this whole thing out.....we trade my two infected kidneys for the two from you wonderful organ donor friends. I think transplant surgery would be better than this. But that could just be the morpine talking. Don't mind me. Keep your kidneys, really.
However, how about bringing me some McDonald's fries. I have stared down the last brown bowl of lukewarm chicken broth and red jello. My Doctor came around this evening and, although he didn't offer it on his own, after I made a small request, and explained my utter disdain for having chicken broth for breakfast, he agreed & said I could have some food. And as soon as he walked out, I looked up to the drop-in ceiling panel and shouted PRAISE THE LORD!!!
I mean don't get me wrong, I could handle the first bowl of chicken broth, but after having it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and the midnight snack option......it gets real old, real fast. Besides, we use broth while preparing foods....not as an actual FOOD. Clear liquid diets....it's for the birds, or whatever animal enjoys chicken broth with a side of red jello.
- So, the doctor also said that things were looking better. My urine is clearing....not nearly as much blood is visible. But the fever is still hanging around, and he doesn't like that aspect. I have been feeling better. I can't really say I feel "good" yet, as I am still weak, and in pain. But improved. He said that he felt releasing me on Wednesday would be a little too early. He didn't want me to go home too soon, and relapse, only to return back to this cozy vacation spot. So, still a wait and see, but he's thinking Thursday. Yippee!!
Again, thanks for all of your loving concerns. I appreciate you each and every one of you, more than you know. I'll keep you updated when I can. Temple said no blogging after 9 pm. But he didn't really say what the resume time would be.....so I just guessed and since midnight was a new day and all......I figured that was an all clear. You don't really have time to sleep at the hospital, there are three regulars coming in your room at different intervals, on a rotating basis. So, like tonight, I have my little guy Tyler, checking my blood pressure and temp. And about an hour later, I have a sweet gal, Nicole coming in to see if my bucket is filled with ice water, check my bed sheets, pillows, and see how much tinkle is filling my urine bucket, etc.etc. And then an hour later, my lovely nurse comes in, and she looks at my fluid bags, changes them out when empty, checks my IV site, and brings in the morphine....if I have asked for it. Which I am proud to say, I have been going much longer than two hours, several times since last night. See, I am improving. Like, right now, she's gone to get something to come flush my IV because it isn't dripping correctly. Well, I guess that means I better run......and maybe Temple won't find out about all this "after hours" stuff......like sleep walking....do you think you can sleep blog? :)
3 comments:
Just read your blog and realized you are in the hospital. I will be praying for you! UTIs are very serious stuff! I grew up having them (and still do!) and I don't wish that pain on my worst enemy! (Not that I have enemies!) I know you will get very pampered by your sweet children....and Sadie.....and your husband!
You have got to be the funniest person on your floor! I'm sure your nurses would vouch for that! At least you've kept your sense of humor. I hope you get better soon!
Well, at least you are getting better. I must say one of my most miserable moments was a UTI while in "God's Country" as a mere freshmen. Forget child birth, UTI's are awful!!!! Keep up the great attitude.
Post a Comment