Thursday, February 19, 2009

QUICK UPDATE:

  • Oh, you came back. Hello! After that long post from last evening, I thought I had scared you off!
I promise this won't be long. It's not the middle of the night, when my brain has time to ramble. I don't really feel much like talking a lot and cutting up too much, live and in person.....because I feel almost as bad as I look. But give me a keyboard and I can go to town. :)

  • It's 1:00p.m. and I'm still here. Haven't seen the doctor. But I buzzed my nurse earlier and although I knew she wouldn't do it, I asked anyway, just to see what reaction she would give me. "Hey, can you take my IV out now, because I REALLY want to take a shower so I can be ready to go home." She got all big-eyed on me and smiled and said, "No. No mam I can't just TAKE YOUR IV OUT."

In fact she was coming in to hook up another dang bag of the antibiotics to my fluid line. So, not only do I have to wait for the Dr. but I also have to wait for this to pass on through the line.

  • Let me tell you, if he comes in shortly and says he's going to sign my release papers......I'm gonna squeeze that little bag as hard as I can like you do when you try to get the last bit of toothpaste out of the tube. I don't have time to wait for drip.drip.drip.drip. How annoying.

2 comments:

Raegan & Caleb said...

Hope you are feeling better. Hang in there.

I can semi-relate to your fluid bag prediciment. When I asked ever so nicely for my epidural, I was told I would get the delightful pain reliever as soon as the entire bag of fluids (they just hooked up to me) was empty. I looked at the bag, then back at my nurse. I must have had a look of fear in my eyes. My nurse quickly assured me it wouldn't take long. So, I feel your pain - so to speak.

Good job keeping your humor. You are keeping me entertained as I'm drowing in a sea of tax.

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

Our Dish Network receiver quit on us yesterday, so you have been my entertainment for the day! (Don't tell anyone, but I've looked almost hourly for your updates!) Hope your next post is that you are on your way home!