- Okay, so a few weeks back, I was "tagged" to do this 25 random thingy at another place...and I thought all of you might get a real kick out of reading all this RANDOMNESS. You were supposed to write out 25 facts that were....well....random. And hey, that has my name written ALL OVER IT. Because if I am anything, it is often random. Oh, the excitement of finding something in life I can excel at....truly shine....in random form.
Basically, it's a post that's no different than all the other dribble you've read from me before. This one is just in a nice, concise, 25 point list form. Oh, the joys of 25 random things. And feel free to comment about them, in fact I am in such distress over the elusiveness of #12 (astro-pop, not gummi bears) that I am at an all out quest to find a convenience store that still carries it. Because, I need one. Because they taste good. So, if you find one, let me know....IMMEDIATELY! :)
- So, enjoy....it's just another day over here at the House of Bowling. Complete with more random thoughts than you could ever imagine.
1.) absolutely adore my children and husband. Oh, wait, that’s not so random. Let me start over. :0
1.) my PawPaw Tyner was the greatest man I have ever known. My daddy and temple are catching up with each passing year though.
2.) performed for the Lord Mayor of Westminster Abbey in England in 1990. FYI--when wearing a cheerleader skirt, it matters not how many layers of pantyhose you pull on….your legs will still freeze while in London, in December.
3.) each year, but only once, I attempt to do a back handspring, just to say I still can. I’m trying to make it to age 40 and then I’ll hang it up.
4.) am a huge night owl and passed it along to at least one of my children, I’m sure. Rivers favorite show as a toddler wasn't Barney or Bob the Builder, it was the Andy Griffith show that he would watch every night at 10:30 PM!!
5.) avid reader…member of 2 book clubs that I greatly enjoy. like almost all kinds of books. Have been teased for certain selections I’ve been known to read. Most recently, last fall, when some friends saw my library book in the car, entitled “IKE”— a very thick Presidential biography. If it helps, I didn’t even finish it. :)
6.) barefoot is bliss. I even went barefoot at our (outdoor) wedding and had ants crawling on my feet during the ceremony.
7.) cooking is a passion
8.) movie theater popcorn with layers of buttery goodness are best when coupled with a box of milk duds. Complete harmony.
9.) am the baby of my family, and married the oldest of his family. Makes for a perfect union. :)
10.) enjoy writing….in journals, postings on my blog, even thank you notes. Have even been told I write well. Some have complimented me and said I have good humor and sensitivity. Temple thinks I should seek out writing a book or something. I think he is even crazier than me, and I have “papers” to prove my certified crazy self. :) and you still love me.
11.) am thankful that My Lord knew I was going to be crazy and still died for me. He’s awesome, huh? Love reading the Bible, although some books are more challenging (often boring) than others, reading books about the bible, and website devotionals, beth moore conferences, etc. And love memorizing bible verses, storing them in my heart, you never know when you will need to pull one out. :)
12.) gummi bears rock—am loyal to the HARIBO variety, which is the best, the real ones, the ones made in Turkey (the country) :). also am a huge fan of the Astro-Pop—which sadly, are very hard to find.
13.) while #6 is a complete truth, we all know during cold weather you need some foot coverings….so I have an enormous amount of colorful socks. i.e. = polka dots, candy designs, animals, stripes, smiley faces, holiday designs….life is short, wear funky socks in the winter.
14.) my first car was a stick shift and I heard my Dad say this phrase continually, “quit grinding the gears and lay off the clutch”
15.) my kids amaze me constantly, and are seemingly smarter than I am, although that wasn't a far road to travel. motherhood is something that words cannot begin to express upon, so I won’t try.
16.) after being introduced to them this past summer, have an obsession with WICKLES pickles. For their unique taste as well as their small business story, and the fact they are made in Alabama
17.) was taught calligraphy in the 4th grade from Mrs. Johnston at enrichment class
18.) College road trips were fantastic, even the memories are still awesome, what I can remember…. :)
19.) recently learned that Family Road Trips are EVEN MORE FUN. You actually remember it all! :) Last spring break we took the kids on a road trip covering 10 states.
20.) while queso dip is good, (the right) guacamole is great!! The coolness it offers the palate is superb.
21.) 80’s music is simply the best. Hands down. Journey, Eagles, Chicago—great groups, have them on tape, CD and i-pod!! They span the generations.
22.) I met my husband in section 19 at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Auburn football and meeting my true love, how lucky can a girl get? We have that ticket framed in our bedroom. :) speaking of Auburn, I had some of the best room-mates EVER, and friends whom I still love so dearly. Good times.
23.) my heart smiles inside whenever I get a letter in the mail or a comment or e-mail on the computer. What can I say, I am easily entertained.
24.) can say the alphabet backwards, fast.. and can even sing it backwards to the alphabet song tune….a fun party trick (self-taught). My talent, it knows no bounds.
25.) I appreciate all of you who took the time to read such randomness. Twas ever so fun, now get back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment